When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Id this piece for me please?

Each movement has strengths and weaknesses. If you want a genuine, low beat movement that has the same beat as the gen, then you can save about $120 and get Asian movement, and switch it with ETA movement when it breaks down (if at all). Accuracy will presumably be better on the SW200 because it's basically a 1:1 swiss copy of 2824-2. However, in terms of quality I would say ETA 2824-2 is still better than SW200. It all comes down to what you want: accuracy of the appearance vs accuracy in timekeeping.

Each movement has strengths and weaknesses. If you want a genuine, low beat movement that has the same beat as the gen, then you can save about $120 and get Asian movement, and switch it with ETA movement when it breaks down (if at all). Accuracy will presumably be better on the SW200 because it's basically a 1:1 swiss copy of 2824-2. However, in terms of quality I would say ETA 2824-2 is still better than SW200. It all comes down to what you want: accuracy of the appearance vs accuracy in timekeeping.

Thank you. I'd love to change to gen low beat ETA later but there is no watchsmith near where I am that can do the mod for me.. I'm kinda stuck with out of box goods.. so..  in terms of comparison btw the sw200 and eta 2824-2, there is not much significant differences so that I shouldn't be too fussy about either one? 

Correct. I used to have a diver v3 with A2836 and even that one ran like a champ. Current diver V3.5 are only available with Swiss eta 2824-2 (high beat) so you probably won't get sw200 in a new watch. If there was a choice between those two swiss movements I would still choose eta because it's 1) better made 2) they are both wrong beats anyways compared to gen.

Correct. I used to have a diver v3 with A2836 and even that one ran like a champ. Current diver V3.5 are only available with Swiss eta 2824-2 (high beat) so you probably won't get sw200 in a new watch. If there was a choice between those two swiss movements I would still choose eta because it's 1) better made 2) they are both wrong beats anyways compared to gen.

Thank you Avensis and everyone else. You guys really simplified it for me!   :1a: