When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Ingy Vs Planet Ocean

ProZac

Question1:

I’m thinking of buying a new rep and I need some advice from you experts. I currently own: Rolex Submariner LV (PTs “perfect”), Rolex Submariner (“classic” from josh), PAM 127, PAM217 and a PAM28 (just sold).

Since I own both PAMs and Rolex, I would like to try another brand this time. I was thinking about either the IWC Ingy from EL or the Omega Planet Ocean which Josh is currently selling.

What would you have chosen?

Question 2:

I want to buy a rep for my mom this Xmas and I really don’t know much about woman’s reps, what do you guys think about the Rolex DateJust or do you have better alternatives

Question1:

Since I own both PAMs and Rolex, I would like to try another brand this time. I was thinking about either the IWC Ingy from EL or the Omega Planet Ocean which Josh is currently selling.

What would you have chosen?

ProZac, I must say that the Planet Ocean is one of my favorite reps and I really like the quality. (owning a PAM 111, PAM 127, PAM 196, PO 42,5 Orange, Tag Monaco, Tag 69, Rolex Oyster and a few more I cant remember :yeah: ).

I am also thinking about buying a new PO black Crono as soon as I see a good one.

Both Ingy and PO are superb.

With regards to the constellation I purchased one for my wife and the clasp on the bracelet was flimsy and inaccurate at best. I then got THIS one and it is superb. She loves it, it's really solid, well put together and very very classy. The font is thinner than on the gen but that's about it.

I had a 4th gen PO and now have an Inge. The Inge my favorite. It's really amazing. It is a very sturdy, hefty watch. The famous IWC bracelet system is duplicated perfectly on the rep. Not only is it easy to size, it is very supple almost liquid. The cown screws down with a firmness you don't find on reps. And the crown engraving is laudable. Be careful not to buy an older PO, the bracelet have a very unsightly gap between the end link and second link of the bracelet. I think that has been updated on the newer version. The dial on the Inge is also beautiful.

Thom

Ingy for sure. I've owned late generation POs (both 42.5 and 45mm). Didn't like either of them. Bracelet gap is problematic. 22mm lug width on a 45mm watch looks terrible, especially with long lugs. Too many tiny faults.

The Ingy is perfect except for the date font, which is passable. Would love someone to make a datewheel for this one. Amazing bracelet and fit/finish.

I am amazed at the quality, fit and finish and weight of my Ingy!

Other than the date font, I dont think you could ever be called out on this rep, and I think being called out because of the date font would be pretty unlikley....

that being said, I am planning to get a PO too...just waiting for a high quality 45 x 22 version...this new one josh has is looking promising...for the life of me, I cant figure out why they cant/dont make the orange bezel on the 45mm PO as accurate as the orange bezel 42mm 4th gen PO!

Edited by Nebakanezzar

I recently mentioned both my Seamaster and Ingy in a post, which led someone to PM me about their relative sizes. I think my answer would apply to the 42mm PO as well, so I'll copy the question and response here in case it helps with your deliberations.

i hope not to bother you asking a short opinion about the size of those two watches.

How about their sizes? Ingenieur looks way bigger from pics despite the same diameter, is it just an impression?

Thank you

Axxxxxx

No bother. It's actually an interesting question.

Both watches do indeed measure 42mm across. But if you look at pictures of both, you will notice that the SMP tapers more toward the bottom and top, which may make it seem like a slimmer watch. On the Ingy, the watch measures 32mm where the band meets the case. In comparison, on the SMP the lugs taper to about 27mm outside diameter, and the band itself is only 20mm where it meets the watch. Also, the Ingy case is 15mm thick, compared to 13mm for the SMP.

Although the crystals are about the same diameter, the bezel on the SMP is actually a bit wider than the Ingy bezel, and as I look at them I think this may help a bit in distributing or offsetting the appearance of size or mass.

Just for kicks, I also pulled out our kitchen scale, which is cheap and non-digital, mind you, so the readings are very inexact. But I measure the Ingy at right about 200 grams compared to about 150 grams for the SMP. The SMP is a very solid watch, mind you. But the Ingy is quite a bit heavier. Despite the weight, IWC bracelets and watches are extremely comfortable to wear.

I hope this information helps. Both are awesome watches, and I would be a very happy watch fan even if I had to get rid of every other watch in my select collection and could keep only these two watches. So don't ask me which I prefer, or which you should buy. But good luck in deciding.

What's wrong with the latest bezel?

Looks stunning if you ask me. :blink:

Beautiful pearl too!

the "shade" of orange is off...it seems a little too dark, and not "metalic" enough. Also, the orange bezel lacks the orange pinstrip aside the black triangle where the pearl is...althought this seems to be fixed in Josh's newest version.

And the pearl is too small and placed too low...but that I can deal with.

Gen

154446-14072.jpg

42mm 4th Gen

154446-14073.jpg

New 45mm Version

154446-14074.jpg

Edited by Nebakanezzar

Looks like the majority prefer the Ingy. I must admit that I like the Ingy best, but I wanted to hear what you guys thought, especially those of you that have both reps in stock.

If you like the Ingy, get it! the quality of that rep is unbeleivable! there are a couple QC issues though...mainly the "dial chip" issue (do a search if you have not read about this yet), so make sure you go with a good dealer...perferably one that will hand check to weed out this issue...I went with Eddie, and he did not disapoint!

If you like the Ingy, get it! the quality of that rep is unbeleivable! there are a couple QC issues though...mainly the "dial chip" issue (do a search if you have not read about this yet), so make sure you go with a good dealer...perferably one that will hand check to weed out this issue...I went with Eddie, and he did not disapoint!

I have contacted Eddie, used him before, excellent dealer.

And some goodie, Ingy movie:

https://www.iwc.ch/collection/popup/popup_t...w=3&v=80101

(QuickTime)

https://www.iwc.ch/collection/popup/popup_t...v=80101&p=2

(WMP)

Enjoy!

Edited by ProZac