When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Looking for Franken IWC portoguese or perpetual calendar

ls2imprs

Hi guys, I am new to the forum and love how welcoming the people are on here. So my question is I would like to get a franken IWC. or a very good rep but from what I have read is the 6 o clock problem exists. I would like to know if any of you have a recommended dealer for a franken or where I can find one or a good dealer for a rep.

Please let e mknow. I greatly appreciate it.

Welcome! As far as I know dealers don't sell frankens and the only guy around here who built frankens was concepta. I read somewhere he stopped building but still sources gen parts.

And if a magical fairy named Texski pops up, call the authorities!

I take it texski has done some people wrong? Ok on a side note, who would you recommend getting the best quality rep IWC from? which TD? Many thanks.

I take it texski has done some people wrong? Ok on a side note, who would you recommend getting the best quality rep IWC from? which TD? Many thanks.

All TD's carry the same reps form the very same factories. I hope your are well known with the 7750 secs @ 6 problems?

• 4 weeks later...

There has yet to be a franken perpetual.  All the money is in the movement and no rep factory is going to attempt that one.

The franken portuguese seems to be very hard to build now especially since the parts are difficult to get.  Good luck trying to find a gen movement.

Or wait for the v2 tobe released, or get the domi jewel mod. I have no experience with the mod. Some members claim that it solves the problem, but they only had it run for a couple months. So you need to find someone who owns a 3714, with the mod, and wears it as a daily for a couple of years now.

I think your'e better off getting a gen movement ;-)

What is a V2 Tobe? I searched the forum but couldn't find anything on it.

sorry typo "to be". I meant to say wait for the v2 to be released. There's a rumor going round that a v2 (version 2) of the 3714 is coming out (with HOPEFULLY a more reliable movement) ...

Being new to the hobby I kept searching for some technical term (lol). I'll be waiting and watching for that V2 as I've haven't found a good deal on an affordable modded rep yet.

V2 is out.  No big changes except for the new crown, brushed case back and AR coated sapphire.  Nothing else has changes as far as I know.