When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My friend is going to sell his gen Speedmaster Broad Arrow

fitmic

Please don't PM me about his sale!

I just want to know a few things that could help his chances of getting it sold.

The watch is steel on steel, white dial, year 2003-2005 (I don't remember exact year).

It has been serviced twice.

Should he send the watch to Omega for a polish or is patina a minus when it comes to a non-vintage qatch?

Thanks in advance.

I'd leave it as is and do a clean up myself, even if he doesn't know how to re-touch up a case just giving it a go over with a toothbrush and some water can do great things to improve the look. If he wants to go a bit further then some cape cod and selective taping can really improve it. Rebrushing a bracelet is pretty straight forward. Sending it to omega for a touch up is fine but it will be costly and it is a sunk cost which will make the watch look good but won't really be recoverable in the sale.

Some broadarrows are very sought after. The white dial blue markers one is pretty hard to find, and it will sell well regardless of how it looks.