When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Breitling Navitimer

GUnit99

Hello,

I wanna take the time to say thank you for all the helpful information across the website here. I've been reading alot of reviews on specific models I've always wanted, and for that I'm grateful.

If I may, I'd like to ask a few questions though, regarding the Breitling Navitimer, since I thought it was hard to tell from the reviews. I'm looking to buy a rep of this piece: post-54162-0-40605000-1368131071_thumb.j

Looking through the trusted dealers on this site, helped me alot and made me feel way more secure about purchasing these watches, though I must admit I'm a little torn apart on which site offers the best Breitling Navitimer replicas. I've been trying to sort it out from watching some guidelines, but I must admit it's hard to determn. So I'm curious, is there anyone with more experience on this than me, that has knowledge on this matter? From what I see, watcheden.net, asia7750.com offer good and cheap solutions?

Anyways, back to my question. On most of these Japanese Quartz versions, does the small clocks work aswell, for seconds, stopclock etc, or are we only getting these features with the upgraded version containing the Valjoux 7750 Automatic Movement?

Hope someone can help me out a bit,

G

The jumping second (not smoothly sweeping) on the quartz version is a BIG tell that you wear a rep! Also the 3 subdials are too close together on the quartz.

If you really like the Navitimer I would strongly recommend go for the A7750 automatic movement, for example from Trustytime or Puretime etc. On their websites you can find pics and maybe a video of the Navi "in action".

But be aware that the Navitimer rep is not one of the best reps out there... Biggest flaws/tells are:

- sunken datewheel

- no double AR on the crystal

- slide rule not perfectly aligned to dial numbers

- weak lume

- bracelet feels very cheap; better go for a leather strap version!

• Like 1

At the end of the day, remember that you are buying the dealer, not the watch. Pretty much all the TDs can get you a watch you want, and it's usually all from the same sources.

My suggestion is you have a look around the Breitling section, clue yourself up on the Navitimer and all the different versions and their reviews, the other boards rwi and rwg.bz all have good stuff too. Once you're more confident in what you want, have a look at some dealer reviews, send some emails and find a dealer you're most comfortable with and pull the trigger

Good luck buddy

• Like 1

Thanks for all the wonderful responses.

I was not aware, that the Navitimer was one of the pieces that wasn't very good. What pieces would you recommend, in the same ballpark? I checked out some of the Breitling for Bentley's too, but not sure how good those reps are? From seeing in the review, it explains the flaws, but it's honestly a bit hard to tell on the pictures from the websites.

If you want a Breitling which is close to the gen I suggest look for the 2012/2013 models from the TDs: Superocean, Skyland Avenger, Super Avenger, Chronomat B01, Chronomat Evolution etc.

These a really VERY good reps with a decent build quality. Even the SS bracelets from these a very good - I have Skyland Avenger and Chronomat B01 on bracelet and was surprised by the good quality (compared to the cheap Navitimer bracelet)!

• Like 1

Thanks mate! :)

On Trustys page you have to click on a watch to see the details (description, more pics etc.) and below the pics there is the date like "This product was added to our catalog on xx.xx.xxxx". From there you can see if this is a recent or an old model.

Here´s a screenshot of Andrews site, check the entry below the small images of the watch, below the yellow "write a rieview":

eziXjs6.jpg