When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

How To Disassemble A Date Disc From The Movement

FlipLockBuckle

Hey,

Could anyone give me some advice on how to disassemble the date disc from my miyota movement?

I already tried to pry it out with a srewdriver, but that seems not to work. Most of the Datewheel is loose, but there is a point (i think the movement's date mechanism) which holds the date disc in place.

Could anyone help me with taking the date disc out?

Thanx.

Edited by FlipLockBuckle

You've already asked this in another thread: http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showtopic=15752

I don't wish to judge you but I feel you're about to mess this up big time....

I can't tell from the pics in the other thread if your movement looks like this:

155294-13905.jpg

This is 21J with normal fit datewheel, the arrows indicate the screws that are needed to release the plate and date wheel. WARNING: unless you know how to work on watches you won't get this part back on again if you decide to go back, it's very tricky.

Your movement should have a date overlay as stated in the other thread. The overlay makes access to two of the screws nearly impossible making removal a pain-in-the-ass and refitting an even bigger PIA!!

You won't be able to get the date wheel off on the manner you are attempting because the overlay sandwiches the plate in-between it's self and the original date wheel:

155294-13906.jpg

I admire your determination to do this but I can't help feeling it's all going to end in tears...

You've already asked this in another thread: http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showtopic=15752

I don't wish to judge you but I feel you're about to mess this up big time....

I can't tell from the pics in the other thread if your movement looks like this:

This is 21J with normal fit datewheel, the arrows indicate the screws that are needed to release the plate and date wheel. WARNING: unless you know how to work on watches you won't get this part back on again if you decide to go back, it's very tricky.

Your movement should have a date overlay as stated in the other thread. The overlay makes access to two of the screws nearly impossible making removal a pain-in-the-ass and refitting an even bigger PIA!!

You won't be able to get the date wheel off on the manner you are attempting because the overlay sandwiches the plate in-between it's self and the original date wheel:

I admire your determination to do this but I can't help feeling it's all going to end in tears...

Hey,

Sorry for the bad picture quality, but here you see my miyota movement. You see the rolex-accurate-date-overlay in this case IS the date wheel itself. It's no on-top-glued overlay, its the date disc itself.

Now my idea was to remove the miyota date disc (which would line up the date letters correctly) and just glue it to the eta disc.

not: this thick white disc is no overlay, its the disc itself. :(

155365-13879.jpg

155365-13880.jpg

Edited by FlipLockBuckle