When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Intro from California

Hi, 

I'm new to the forum, and happy to find a group of like-minded folks to talk watches.

My interest began with my father's genuine Rolex 6263, which he bought (for $550!) the year I was born (1970) and refurbished and gifted to me when I graduated high school.  I've been wearing it almost daily for the last 25-ish years.

I've had a few others during that time: a PAM rep, Rolex 1655, Poljot/Okeah, Speedmaster automatic, a british SBS diver.

At this point, I'm interested in reps of the 6263 so I can put it away for special occasions.  I have one from perfect clones from a few years ago (A7750 powered) that could benefit from an updated case/dial, etc.  I'm reading/watching/studying how to tear into a project like this as practice for my ultimate project: a V72 powered rep.  At that point, I'm hoping to have two roughly equivalent 6263's to give to my two sons.

For the build, I've already bought a Zodiac Sea Chron in good shape, and have several gen parts from servicing my 6263 over the years, back when Rolex let you keep the parts (including a nicely patina-ed original dial!) 

I'm looking forward to learning a bunch and contributing where I can...