When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

new in buying an AP ROO

Hello,

I am new in the world of replica's I own an original Breitling and an original IWC topgun

but now that I have seen the Chronopassion v5 at puretime am i thinking about buying it.

But is this really an almost 1:1 replica and when i buy a strap at AP Bands in which will fit?

Hope somebody can help this n00b 

Hello Ralph,

welcome aboard ... stay safe and have fun here.

The Chronopassion is one of the very best and 1:1 replicas of a ROO you can find today. Beside the usual, minor flaws you need to live with (Datewindow position slightly wrong, thicker caseback, crown position) you will not find another AP Chrono that is so close to gen.

And for a 3rd party strap ... no problem. Buy the CP V5 with a standard rubber strap and you will find tons of other straps that can make the watch completely different (a grey croc, a sude grey sharky, a brown calf ... ). And APbands is your dealer for high quality straps to fit the ROO ... look out for "straps for ROO newer case" and make your choice, you can subscribe their newsletter and wait for their next SALE with some discount.

Good luck,

Dr. Theo

Its pretty spot on. The movement definitely needs servicing as the Chinese add extra gears to get the 9 o clock secs to the 12. If you have thicker wrists than normal you can pull it off. The biggest tell for me is the thickness. Its really huge about 1.5mm thicker than the already can of tuna on your wrist GEN.