When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Sinn 6100 Regulator

Quarks

Ever since I laid my eyes on the Sinn 6100 Regulator posted by one of our members here, this watch has been on my mind ever since. When I saw the price, I was pretty much convinced that I am going to get this piece. I am in the midst of getting this piece. I must say I have quite a difficult & frustrating time trying to acquire this watch. The Authorised Dealer in the US hasn't responded to my emails (well, thanksgiving) and I am running out of patience.... Another AD in Singapore has responded and has to check his stock..... driving me insane. A UK dealer has ran out of stock but 'will be able to get it in a week or two'... I am at all-fours on my ceiling at this moment.

Well, I am just gonna post some pics I 'took' off the web and share with you guys. I hope in time, I will be able to take pictures of my very own 6100... that I can't bloody wait. This watch looks very elegant, looking at the pics, I could almost feel I skipped a beat. And the price? Can't beat that. This is one of the best looking regulators I have ever seen, beating IWC Port. Reg. (imo but the movemnt is to die for..) and Chronoswiss' and the rest of the gangbang. Plus this is a 44mm..... which is a big plus for me.

Enjoy the pics.

155686-13788.jpg

155686-13789.jpg

155686-13790.jpg

155686-13791.jpg

155686-13792.jpg

155686-13793.jpg

155686-13794.jpg

155686-13795.jpg

155686-13796.jpg

155686-13797.jpg

This [censored] has poop.

You heard it here first, folks! (Two great nations divided by a common language... :-) )

OK - beautiful watch... I love regulateurs... but it only has a $70 movement... the good old ETA 6947. Pretty face... but pressed. not engine-turned. So, its beautiful... but worth the money? You decide.

You can buy one here, for £995. http://www.chronomaster.co.uk/sinn_current_stock_2.htm

I sent the pic to Joshua and asked him if he would consider having it repped. :lol:

True. It is a modified Unitas 6498 movement, a 'cheap' movement one might say. I don't mind the movement - I just dislike the display back showing it. After giving much thoughts, I would still go ahead with purchase regardless. This watch is like no other imo. But is it worth it? I have found myself asking this less and less over time. Afterall, I have plunged a substantial amount into genuine watches with modified Unitas and 7750s movements without much questioning of 'Is it worth it?' statement.

If Joshua were to rep this, I would still proceed with the genuine. I adore this watch too much to get a watch of a lesser standard - No offence given that this is a rep forum. :)

That link is the one I enquired and I had to wait a week or two. I might just proceed with that if the Singapore AD does not have one in stock.