When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Vintage White Sea-dweller Almost Done But.....

lionsandtigers

Well... I have heard (and this is 100% unconfirmed) that older MBW cases were tapped at the correct 0.25mm pitch, hence making the swap 1:1. Dunno how much validity there is to that, but that might partially explain some of my luck?

This is also my experience with them, my 1665 which I bought from maria a couple of years ago could change tubes no problems but recently ordered a 1680 from them and it stripped the first tube I tried to insert. I only last night got around to retapping the case and tubes now screw straight in :)

Its not a big deal to fix it just took forever for the tap set to arrive..... in the mean time you have to sit there and look at in pieces :(

just fyi,

its 3.0mm x 0.3mm pitch

theres drawings posted up in The Zigmeisters forum i sent showing the pitches etc for various tubes.

while i doubt the difference of 0.05 would make much odds, ive had great success with a fine thread pitch size of 0.35mm, just wanted to let you know both to stop the misinformation and incase anyone was bothered about being exact :)