When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Super cheapie advice

futhamucka

Firstly, I'm a new user here. I don't currently own any reps, I have a PAM destro homage that's as close as I get. I've done some modding and watch repair on some of my other watches (dial and hands change on a Seiko, and repairing keyless works on an ETA movement in a RADO).

I recently stumbled upon the silix specials page and saw the blue submariner that they have. I think the watch looks OK, but I'm interested what the options would be for modding it down the line if I get tired of the all blue dial and bezel. I'm not interested in going 'franken' or anything, but maybe throwing a Tudor dial and snowflake hands on it would be nice. Since it has the generic asian movement what dials and hands would fit it, or if I later put a better movement in it what would I need to do to make it fit? I'm assuming the insides are pretty basic (plastic movement holder etc.) would the case be able to use a real movement without modification?