When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Sellita SW200 $200 - Good price?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SELLITA-AUTOMATIC-MOVEMENT-SW-200-1-COTE-DE-GENEVE-FACTORY-NEW-SWISS-MADE/130810507098

$200 or £135 in real money :)

Is that a good price or not? Considering they're supposed to be properly oiled at the factory, I'd consider it the equivalent of a £35 movement + £100 service, and £35 for a new movement of seemingly good quality can't be that bad?

I'm tempted to order a couple.

There is also these

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ETA-2824-2-AND-SELLITA-SW200-CLONE-MOVEMENT-SEAGULL-ST2130-100-EXACT-SAME-SPECS-/121124262440

Chinese 2824-2, I haven't heard much about the Seagull movements?

One of those would cost me £70, I suppose they'd be OK to go in a cheap daily beater.

TC commissioned and has seen to fruition a true ETA super clone .. $130 each .. http://blog.tc-sub.com/2013/02/130-tc-2824-eta-2824-2-super-clone-part.html

Ooh, good call. I saw those a while ago and had completely forgotten about them.

I foresee an order for 3 going in :)

(If the #4 thing is compatible with gen PO hands?)

The selita movts are true super copies of the eta movt, they have one extra jewel (26j) compared to the eta 25j. The brand new ones ive seen have been oiled well and are clean. The parts are good quality just like eta. For 135$ i would say you have a great deal or the company thats selling them is selling the chinese eta copies and not telling you.

Now that i read the post again, for 135$pounds (200$us) isnt the best price. I think if you order directly from the company (not sure if they will let you) they'll be alot cheaper. But again they are a great movt, i want to say they are better then the eta movts.

Thanks Mike.

I read on TCs blog that he couldn't make a deal with Sellita as they wouldn't sell him the small quantities he wanted, and he'll order far more than I ever would.

I'm talking with TC and he's said that the movements he has made are clean and properly oiled, so they sound ideal. Maybe not ETA or Sellita top grade but the reviews certainly put them above average ETAs, Sellitas, etc.

He replies to emails in normal human time, and I'm very, very tempted by his TC Factory Rolex YM, so I'll see if I can get one of those and two movements ordered for a couple of $ off :)