When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Factories, Quality Reps and TDs

BlackFlash

I've read a lot on this site, but I still feel like I don't have a handle on the differences between the factories, their relationships with the TDs, and the quality produced for which rep. 

I love this stuff and I'm still learning, so please chime in or at least point me in the direction of a post I may have missed.

Thanks.

Flash

As I understand it, the factories will produce reps in a wide range of qualities from the same facility while some factories specialize in high end reps and others will make mostly low end cheap reps. There is some talk that the factories that produce some of the high end replica watches are also building fashion watches for companies like Invicta, giving them access to the equipment required to build a watch of decent quality. Not sure what truth there is to that but it is something that I have heard before. This would give them legitimate cover to operate under while producing counterfeit goods on the side.

Is there a rule of thumb?

For example:

If I want  ___ brand then I go to ___ trusted dealer to buy because they source from ____ factory.

I'm not trying to go round reading relevant posts. I've posted before -  made comments, asked questions. I understand the value of doing my own research, but I'm trying to understand the relationship between the three components of a replica watch.

So far, I've been buying from Toro, who apparently has a good relationship with noob factory, but what's the difference between the H factory and the noob factory? I certainly want to know the difference between what each factory has to offer, so I can make an informed decision and continue to enjoy the hobby of collecting.

The advice I've gotten before has been to buy the dealer, not just the watch. I've heard great things about Toro, he had the watches that I want and that was it in terms of my decision making process. Somehow though, I feel like I missed out on knowing if my watches would be better made from a different factory. (I just bought 2 Cartiers, the Ballon Bleu and Calibre and I'm in the market for a PAM 051)

All dealers carry the same watch they take from various factories.

Noob n H fact are just 2 more popular factories that make gd quality reps.

No dealer favour any particular brand.

Every dealer have their pros n cons, everyone has a gd and bad story to tell about each, luck of the draw.

Advise : stick to a dealer u r comfortable with. Dun be too affected by couple of bad buyer reviews, pple dun bother writing good ones cos they have come to expect AD svc from TDs

All dealers carry the same watch they take from various factories.

Noob n H fact are just 2 more popular factories that make gd quality reps.

No dealer favour any particular brand.

Every dealer have their pros n cons, everyone has a gd and bad story to tell about each, luck of the draw.

Advise : stick to a dealer u r comfortable with. Dun be too affected by couple of bad buyer reviews, pple dun bother writing good ones cos they have come to expect AD svc from TDs

From what I have read off a few people here, Andrew and Angus do prefer to sell stock from a particular factory, Noob or H. I can remember which way around it is though.

They do have closer ties.. But they can still get watches from either factories and its identical stuff. Its a factory, it makes identical things for a start.

New releases are a completely different thing although they Still can get it from each other.