When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Quick and Dirty: 14k Wrapped Bracelet and Gen Gold GMT IIc Insert

ceocorona

As the title states... quick and dirty pictures of the 14k gold wrapped bracelet TrustTime offers on his ROLGMT092 (maybe others?).  I also took some teaser shots of my gen GMT Iic gold bezel/insert compared against a the BP.  More details surrounding my build to follow.  More importantly pictures  below.  I rate the quality of the SEL "gold" as a 7.5/10.  At a macro level its almost obvious its painted or something not really platted.  But from the wrist it looks very very very convincing.  Way better then the current bare steel offerings most are wearing, no offense! 

This GMT that Andrew sells is a BP Factory, I have confirmed this by taking apart the bezel assembly and found gen construction.  What was odd was that this "newer" BP had a light AR coating on the cyclops but not the alphanumeric serial engraved on the rehaut.  Its an M serial.  Again like I said I will review the various BP watches I have for my build.  Taking the best out of all of them!

20130708_230944_zps21313eb5.jpg

20130708_230958_zps1f2b5ae5.jpg

20130708_231052_zps84949b40.jpg

Mid links are covered in "gold" as well, very nice.

20130708_232541_zpsa5ac3ab5.jpg

Gen insert on top, if it wasn't obvious enough.  Ha20130709_001846_zps49e1f114.jpg

20130709_001909_zpsf9c020e5.jpg

You can see how much deeper the engravings on the gen are...

20130709_001939_zpsf286614b.jpg

Anyways, thats all for now.  I hope that helps shed some light into a new option for those TT builds everyone is craving.  

I also want to note that I ordered a 18k gold solid mid link bracelet and will also be posting pictures of that later this week when it arrives.  Its "gen" construction so I hope it fits the BP lugs. Let me know if you have any questions on the two parts pictured.

In short... a lot. This build is not for the faint of heart. Here is a overview of my build list.

TT GMT IIc Build List

Parts Required

X BP TT GMT IIc (x2)

X CHS GMT Movement

X Gen 18k Gold Bezel

X Gen Ceramic Gold Insert

X Bezel Assembly

X Rep TT 18k Clasp

X Gen AR Crystal

X BK DWO

X Gen 18k Gold Crown

X TC Tube

X WSO TT 18k Gold Bracelet (solid gold midlinks)

Labor Required

Superlume

Movement Service

Assembly

I tried to get a gen dial but the one I saw for sale... Well lets just say I'd need to take out a small loan to afford. The BP dial is not that bad. I may try and source the hour markers if I can. What I'm most disappointed in is the BP clasp. If anyone has any suggestions or alternatives I'm all ears. The BP just doesn't feel of quality. IMHO

Awesome build my man!!! I know this thing will be a show stopper once its completed! TT for the win!! :1a:

You started it! You got my head thinking when you posted your TT build, haha.

How much was the gen dial?

I have seen gen dials on sale for about $1000-$2000... Lol No thanks.  Maybe $400-$800 but north of 1k is crazy talk. IMHO

Forum member. I believe on RG. He had it for 3-4 years and had service done last year to the movement. I've been wearing it the past month and its kept excellent time. Date switches over +/- 3 minutes. It's specific origins is unknown to me and he was also unsure of where he bought it

I also want to note that I ordered a 18k gold solid mid link bracelet and will also be posting pictures of that later this week when it arrives.  Its "gen" construction so I hope it fits the BP lugs. Let me know if you have any questions on the two parts pictured.

where did you find the solid gold middle links bracelet from?

thanks

where did you find the solid gold middle links bracelet from?

thanks

So I just got it in the mail. I clearly misread the bay sales ad. It's hollow midlink but the midlinks are gold. The end links are also two piece and not solid end links. From where I stand I am prolly going to return the bracelet and use the wrapped bracelet pictured above. It looks identical in terms of gold look and feel. Very good value

So I just got it in the mail. I clearly misread the bay sales ad. It's hollow midlink but the midlinks are gold. The end links are also two piece and not solid end links. From where I stand I am prolly going to return the bracelet and use the wrapped bracelet pictured above. It looks identical in terms of gold look and feel. Very good value

this whould be my second question about the middle and the end links..wondering if we can source the new bracelet of the ceramic rollies in solid gold middle and end links..for the moment only from ROLEX SA i guess..

Edited by BOOGIE_1976