When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Some questions about the sub-c

Guest khashayar

Guest khashayar

Hello everyone,

I'll try to do my best to not pose questions like "which sub is the best" and "where can I get the best sub".

I've been doing some research on the sub-c reps on rwg and other forums, but haven't really come to a decisive conclusion.

Long story short, I want a sub-c which is frankened a bit, preferably the bezel for. Instance and the bezel click mechanism. I've read about TC and BK being great modders, and BP having a good general sub straight from the factory.

Now, the gen parts are absolutely not necessary atm, however since this will be the only rep I'll be wearing for for the foreseeable future, flaws like the "officiallycertified" from BP or the fat hour hand from noob is not acceptable.

During my research, I've also stumbled across some abbreviations which I don't understand. The abbreviation-explanation link here on rwg seems to not be working correctly, hence my extra confusion. One for example is WM9, which is kind of hard to figure out. If anyone knows any other link I'd appreciate it.

On puretimes section on repgeek, it seems as if noob is releasing an updated version of their sub-c. Presuming they would be considered as a "super-rep", would they still have a change against BK or TC subs?

What would you guys recommend? I've also seen some members selling their watches frankened on the sales section on different forums. Is that preferable?

Any info at all would be much appreciated. Thank you and Sorry for my ignorance.

Regards,

Khashayar

Some BP factory sub-cs are very on point, just really depends on looking carefully at your QC pics. I know there are a few people on the forum who have posted photos of their 114060 no date subs made by BP and it looks great.

http://imgur.com/a/Ke9Ef

Those are the QC pics from Trusty Time for the 114060 and I think it looks fantastic. Im sure sub experts will have something to say about it but to me its good enough.

After spending some time on the forum I've become more drawn to the pre-ceramic subs and im passing on the ceramic subs and planning on ordering a TC type ii when I get back to the states next month! 

Still a noob so not much to contribute but thats my 2 cents. 

Guest khashayar

Thank you for your input.

I know about the BP subs. They are very accurate, which is kind of strange since BP isn't often synonym with great quality and accuracy.

The thing I however did not know was that TC only made the previous gen subs, which I'm not a big fan of. Good thing that BK is into them.

Do you know what it is BK does that makes the subs better? I've tried to access his page here, but the products he offers are posted 2010, and something must have happened in 3 years.

Also, is BK located in the US as well?

Guest khashayar

Okay, I'm back again.

I'm having difficulties choosing between noob or BP. This is what BK wrote to me:

"You can consider the BP version then. Noob and BP have their pros and cons. BP is newer, has gen's construction, correct skinny hour hand, AR'd cyclop, superlume. But it doesn't come with brand new Swiss ETA. The Swiss ETA is refurbished, of course not as good as brand new. Quality of BP products is always a little inferior. I have BP sub-c with Swiss ETA (remember it's refurbished) too."

So as he says, both versions have their pros and cons. For those of you who own it, or are thinking about getting one, what are your thoughts?