When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

116619 blue ceramic white gold mods

madmex

I have had a love affair with the submariner and the Tudor equivalent for well over a decade. I remember going to ADs and trying on the blue Tudor sub equipped with a sapphire crystal.  I REALLY liked that watch.  I had a friend in Jr. High with a blue submariner.... I later found out it was a "fantasy model." 

I particularly like the no-date sub (the classic 14060 and 14060M) as they resemble the 5513 (that's another post).

So when I saw this new blue sub I had to purchase it to see what it was all about.  I really like the blue.  I have seen it at the AD and I think they did a pretty good job.  The rehaut is not too conical as I've seen some non N factory models.  This one is a Noob factory.  The issue with it, was it had the wrong FAT hour and seconds hand (which I believe is accurate for the GMT model).  So I found some spares in my watch parts bin and thus the seconds hand is correct in dimensions and look now, and the hour hand is too.  The issue was the seconds hand was for a swiss TC sub 2824  (which I also own) and this blue purchased this one with the new asia 2824 (I find them very well built and quite reliable and precise), so I had to put a bit of Rodico to wedge it in until I can find a high quality hand set that will have the look.   The issue is the luminosity of the minute and seconds hand is green vs the dial and minute hand but that's not really noticeable unless I'm in the dark.

I also added a TC DWO to it.  

So modded, here it is... for your critique/opinions of the mod are welcome. :)

IMG_4258.jpg

IMG_4260.jpg'

IMG_4305.jpg

IMG_4263.jpg

Always loved this watch. Maybe change the pearl for a BP one.. Then it's as good as this watch can get without going for gen parts

Edit: sorry just seen the noob v2 sub and that Pearl is way better then the BP I was referring to.

I like your watch and I hope the new noob sub V2 will also come in this blue version.

Enjoy yours! It's a beauty