When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

I'm Off To Geneva... Shitniterland This Weekend

V

Well this Friday I am off to Geneva with my wife for a romantic a bit extended weekend. :wub:

Although I don't know how it will be romantic with all those watch shops around and me checking every watch :bicycle:

Anyway.. do you have any suggestions to make? Restaurants, other Swiss cities near by etc etc...

Now.. which one I should take with me? :g:

156749-13534.jpg

Depends on the time but a drive around the lake is nice. Rent the car in Geneva.

Or it you do not want to go all the way, drive to Montreaux and back. Pretty country. A trip to Gruyere,another 45 minutes from Montreaux has a nice castle and midieval village. You can have a very nice lunch there.

To me touring in Switzerland is what is best.

Usil

Depends on the time but a drive around the lake is nice. Rent the car in Geneva.

Or it you do not want to go all the way, drive to Montreaux and back. Pretty country. A trip to Gruyere,another 45 minutes from Montreaux has a nice castle and midieval village. You can have a very nice lunch there.

To me touring in Switzerland is what is best.

Usil

To be honest it is the first time we are going somewhere with my wife and really consider rent a car for touring..

We basically prefer to walk around and discover the secrets of the cities we go..

Anyway.. I think we should rent a car this time and enjoy the view ;)

It would be a mistake not to rent a car and at least do what I suggested. This could be a day trip. You will know what I mean after you have done the day trip as you will know what you would have missed without getting a car.

But this is just the start. If you have a few more days, you have got to get into the Alps. Another trip would be to drive to Wengen and see the lauderbaden valley but while the destination is great the touring along the way is also great.

You could come back through interlaken and drive through the mountains south by driving onto a train and the train takes you through the mountain while you stay in the car. You come out not far from the route to Zermat and the Matterhorn. You need to google all of this.

Switzerland is beyond description in beauty but you need the car to see it.

Usil.

Thanks Usil.. I have already rented a car but I don't know how much I will be able to see with just 2 full days being there...

I will do the lake Geneva and I will also go to Gyueres to see the HR GIGER's museum (I am a fan)

Thanks for the advise :thumbsupsmileyanim:

It would be a mistake not to rent a car and at least do what I suggested. This could be a day trip. You will know what I mean after you have done the day trip as you will know what you would have missed without getting a car.

But this is just the start. If you have a few more days, you have got to get into the Alps. Another trip would be to drive to Wengen and see the lauderbaden valley but while the destination is great the touring along the way is also great.

You could come back through interlaken and drive through the mountains south by driving onto a train and the train takes you through the mountain while you stay in the car. You come out not far from the route to Zermat and the Matterhorn. You need to google all of this.

Switzerland is beyond description in beauty but you need the car to see it.

Usil.