When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Dr.Grans Planet Ocean 42 Blk Bez SS/SS Blk Ult from Trusty

gran

Just received this Planet Ocean 42 Blk Bez SS/SS Blk Ult from Trusty

ligendePO42mm.jpg

next to my deep date 45mm Chrono

both.jpg

Grans42PO2013best.jpg

Direct natural light

Grans42PO2013bestlys.jpgetter than most r

Lume is pretty good, possibly best out of box Ive seem on this aspect

Grans42PO2013Lume.jpg

First impressions:

Is it worth it in terms of $ ?: Yes! A pretty good rep and as I selected the cheapest movement option possible so I meets the 1/10 mark to genuine with great margin

Does it feel like quality ?: Yes it does! and no happy feet. AR is OK I guess. Pearl looks fine to me. Hour markers are ok. Date font is a question mark but I can live with it. Teeth on bezel could have been crisper. Numbering on lug, the 952, engravings etc are there.

Does it run ?: Movement runs fine with no significant deviations and that shocking, but time will tell. Its beat rate is 28.800 so a little fast for an co-axial I guess.

QC/Any loose screws ? : No loose screws observed! and the bracelet has kept up for these few hours of use (but usually some links or other part breaks eventually....)

Dealer: Trusty is as safe and fast as ever. (However, I also ordered and received a second watch an omega pro with this same shipment and on that watch the bracelet broke/pins fell out within seconds of opening the wrappings so QC is not perfect)

Conclusions:

Ultimate? rolleyesCAFQE6NG.gif It certainly is not as good as the genuine but for the price it is a keeper

I doubt I will meet anyone outside the forums (fora?) who will be able to spot that this is a replica

Since it has the Asian movement I will do no mods at all, just use it and abuse it as I feel fit and enjoy the lume while driving in our numerous tunnels

21.jpg
QC movement

Grans42POdetails.jpg