When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

custom 116610 project

rolojack

I love the 116610, but almost everyone has one already. Seing at least 2 or 3 guys every day in the street wearing this watch kind of dulls my enthusiasm for it.

So I thought of this customisation : somehow inspired by what other brands do with rubber and steel.

This make a difference with the all black Pro Hunter and followers, and sets it apart from the rest I believe...

What do you think? I'm planning on making this using parts from BP 116610, TC and Noob 116610....

Any thougth welcome !!!

(pic below is just PS work...)

post-43268-0-16970200-1375128153_thumb.j

Nice idea!

As my avatar shows an early Explorer in DLC coating I am with you on this project

Keep in mind this is just a coating, despite DLC, PVD etc. It will tear down on some edges a bit if the watch is worn as a daily beater.

Good luck with the project and keep us updated.

P.S. That avatar got me into Rolex some years ago

I'll use two watches and some extra parts to make it. One ttw pro hunter will be used for the case. The black I keep will be protected with a  thick vanish, and the rest will be sanded and polished. It won't be easy !!!

About the bezel, I'm thinking of adding one bright colors. It this point I like the blue better...

Nice idea!
As my avatar shows an early Explorer in DLC coating I am with you on this project

Keep in mind this is just a coating, despite DLC, PVD etc. It will tear down on some edges a bit if the watch is worn as a daily beater.

Good luck with the project and keep us updated.

P.S. That avatar got me into Rolex some years ago

It definitly won't be a daily beater : more like a show piece !!!

post-43268-0-07714400-1375157672_thumb.j

It definitly won't be a daily beater : more like a show piece !!!

Then a "DLC only („Diamond Like Carbon“)" coating is just fine and very durable. You really do not need applying any special varnish, as this will add micrometer thickness where you don´t need it.

Hopefully someone will chime in who can do such coating. Otherwise, I remember on the other watch forums (non rep forums) some people mentioning of user who can do it (Watch U seek forums like ... hommage forums, modder forums). Over there a lot of people mod Seiko watches and there are plenty of good modders too.

Here you can play a bit with your project. "Blacken" has a configurator: http://www.blaken.com/en/home

Then a "DLC only („Diamond Like Carbon“)" coating is just fine and very durable. You really do not need applying any special varnish, as this will add micrometer thickness where you don´t need it.

Hopefully someone will chime in who can do such coating. Otherwise, I remember on the other watch forums (non rep forums) some people mentioning of user who can do it (Watch U seek forums like ... hommage forums, modder forums). Over there a lot of people mod Seiko watches and there are plenty of good modders too.

Here you can play a bit with your project. "Blacken" has a configurator: http://www.blaken.com/en/home

Nice, I did not know about them. But again : all black stuff. It is not uncommun anymore and I'm looking for a more unique look.... I'll post pics on my project when it's done !