When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Question on Panerai PAM 112, Noob or DSN or Modders?

iamsohappy

hi,

Can I request for assistance?

I have read up on the Panerai PAM 112 replica by Noob and H Factory, where they are at their M version for Noob.

A write up at RWI, has pointed the PAM 112 by Noob for the M version as a good starter for Panerai replicas.

Sadly, I am buying a replica, because I am required to project financial success as I am in sales / marketing.

While I am able to buy the Panerai Gen 112, I am not a person who wants to wear the gen to get it scratched.

Plainly, I am not able to afford a gen, because if you can't lose it without pain, you can't afford it. ( That's my take, not exhaustive, and it applies to me only. )

Can I request for your assistance?

Which PAM112 replica should I buy?

1. Noob's or DSN? If Noob, is the M series the best?

2. Should I send it to modders to further refine the front / face of the watch, so that I reduce the chances of being spotted with a Replica?

3. What are the obvious tell-tale signs from the front / face of the watch for Noob's M series PAM 112 that reveals that it is a Replica?

Any constructive feedbacks would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance, for both your time and effort in reading.

post-44525-0-28635300-1376580929_thumb.j

Well if you are able buy a gen and buy it well, just buy it...it will hold value quite well, scratches are easily buffed, issues are resolved with Panerai or by any good watchmaker as long as it is ETA, and if you ensure it properly, no prob replacing should it get lost etc. If you can't buy gen for whatever reason, just get the latest Noob, it is hands down the best version and blows DSN stuff out of the water. You don't need to do much on the front side of the watch, and the tells are mainly related to the movement which has several issues, some can be fixed by modders, others still be a problem. For that reason, I won't ever bother with reps with open caseback, just go with 005 for closer caseback and problem solved;) As you mention RWI, I assume you know of Ales guide, and it has all of that info and some more, with links to dealers etc so I suggest you read that and proceed from there...

Edited by korneevy

Well if you are able buy a gen and buy it well, just buy it...it will hold value quite well, scratches are easily buffed, issues are resolved with Panerai or by any good watchmaker as long as it is ETA, and if you ensure it properly, no prob replacing should it get lost etc. If you can't buy gen for whatever reason, just get the latest Noob, it is hands down the best version and blows DSN stuff out of the water. You don't need to do much on the front side of the watch, and the tells are mainly related to the movement which has several issues, some can be fixed by modders, others still be a problem. For that reason, I won't ever bother with reps with open caseback, just go with 005 for closer caseback and problem solved;) As you mention RWI, I assume you know of Ales guide, and it has all of that info and some more, with links to dealers etc so I suggest you read that and proceed from there...

+1

hi there, Korneevy,

thanks for pointing out PAM005 to me, as the one without the hassle.

The gen PAM112 is accessible to me, but just because I am able to pay for it, doesn't mean that I can afford to lose it.

That's my standard for purchasing items, if I can't afford to lose it / write off without a heartache, I can't afford it.

I probably would pick up the gen PAM112 to sit in my place, so that I have a BNIB.

If anything, I would end up as the following scenario...

Wearing the replica while the gen sits at home.

I heard horror stories of watches clashing on the streets, etc, and I would feel a heartache if that's a gen that I am wearing.

See?

With such mindset, I am better off wearing a replica... than a gen.

Genuinely, I am dealing with quite a snob industry sector... and thus, the need to dress the part.

Otherwise, I am fine with a Seiko monster, which provides incredible price performance value, esp for the new hacking and winding version.

Thanks for the pointers on the PAM005, as ALE states... as for 2013, it is the super rep of 2013 which overtakes the PAM111, since it's got a closed caseback... that makes it less detectible as a rep.

Do keep your views coming in.

post-44525-0-54795600-1376614876_thumb.j