When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

292 Variations

pdnb

ok, used the search function and got caught up sort of..:

Overall the differences i have gathered from the fora:

Noob

1) Has Ceramic Crown like GEN (really nice feature///or liability...i guess it can crack easily)

2) Apparently has better case color? Have not seen side by side between H vs, N vs Gen on ceramic color. maybe i missed it

3) Claim that lugs are replaceable with OEMs and will not scrape color when entering case? Are these two claims true? I had an earlier 292K from H and lugs definitely started scraping off the thin PVD on lugs

4) Pig Dial is apparently not as crisp as gen or H factory...confirmed atleast with one picture set...don't know if it is representative

5) updated dial without pig has Panerai in correct placement now...this seems true now

H

1) has best pig

2) 292K that i had lugs with thin PVD and black color was getting removed (had to use thick black sharpie)

3) my 292K case cracked right at the lug area...This is why I am seeking a new 292...please help... I can load a picture of my cracked case for your persual if requsted. :)

4) Cheaper

Anyone can confirm or have pictures Noobs claim on point 2 and 3?

Thanks for your help!

Edited by pdnb

As a relatively new owner of a Noob 292j I will take a stab at answering some of your questions. The K had known issues with the lug bars coming loose. If I am not mistaken, that was due to the wrong adhesive being used. Supposedly that was subsequently fixed. As for the current offering, the HF 292 has a a pvd crown and there are different opinions on whether this is correct, while the Noob N and J both have ceramic. The HF J has a better pressed torpedo and some say a better textured dial, but the Noob models have the correct color Creme text on the dial while the HF text is white. As for the placement of "Panerai" on the Noob N, I still think it looks too low. As for the color of the lug bars, I haven't had mine long enough to know yet. I don't really plan on changing the strap that often as I put it on an OEM strap, but I would suggest you do as I did, which to to by a full set of extra lug bars and screws. Then if you have an issue later, you will already have the parts to fix the problem. There are quite a few threads about this across the 4 major forums and in the end I chose the Noob. One of the most helpful threads I found was the side-by-side comparison by Toro. Here is the link: http://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?showtopic=32286

Edited by jamesfl

thanks for the Toro link, That helped. just wondering if i want the torpedo love on my dial. So you don't even think the new and improved dial for Noob has Panerai in the correct spot? did you order the extra lugs and Watch from PT as well or from Toro? Thanks!

Here is a pic of the gen and the new improved dial. You tell me if you think they are in the same position.

Posted ImagePosted Image

As for ordering the extra parts, either TD should be able to get the parts. I like dealing with both Toro and Angus, but got mine from Toro.

Supposedly Noob will be discontinuing this watch once they sell the remaining stock of cases. You may want to check with both TD's to see if they can still get the model you want. Might make the decision for you. ;)