When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Greetings From NYC

Omega_Bond

Hello all!

It's pleasure to say hello, and introduce myself.  I'm looking forward to enjoying some quality 'time' with you fine folks.  

At the moment, I'm a complete and utter newbie, treading cautiously as i look to purchase my first rep.  I've done a solid week's of searching, reading, and gleaning anything i can to try to bring me up to some level of knowledge.  I'll be honest; in some ways i'm more confused that when I started.  It seems that that for every fact or thing I learn, two more questions pop up.  So please be patient.... 

One thing i have learned:  I really like Omega's.   For me, they have a brilliant balance of beauty, understatement, and class (at least my version of class   ), with a good dose of real world functionality.

My goal, at least for the moment, is to find 2 high quality watches.  A 42mm planet ocean, and a mid size Aqua Terra.  I am a bit worried, though.  If things go well, i could see myself becoming pretty addicted.

As my focus at the moment centers around Omega watches, I'll direct my questions there.

Anyway, I look forward to seeing why this is called the 'friendliest watch forum on the internet.'

I guess a good question here-

Who's a good service person for reps here in NYC?  the searches i've done on the subject are a bit confusing.