When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

DW 6263 Experts, Recommendations for Mods?

civic4982

I've been reading a lot of threads over on RWI , RG, and RWG about the DW 6263.

I recently obtained one and was considering doing some work on it.

1) Crystal? LHOOQ had a great write up on RWI. It seems that getting a Gen T21 isn't super straight forward and requires some bezel work. Same goes for the Clark. Is the GS or Sternkreuz a better plug and play fit?

2) Conversion to manual winding: it seems my rotor has been removed but I haven't cracked the caseback yet as I'm at work the next day or so. It winds great but I'm unsure as to when I should expect it to stop like my other manuals. It seems that perhaps I need to modify the movement a bit to get it to "stop" winding when the mainspring is fully wind.

That said I have been unable to find a proper DIY on making that happen. Any thoughts?

3) Crowns and pushers are okay for me for now but Definitely considering the 700/702/703 options with tubes. Does case need to be retapped for the crown to be reaplced? I know that the pushers thread isn't perfectly correct for the DW so it will require some mods to get her to run right.

Anyways, I'm new to Daytonas and am here to learn.

I like to get my hands dirty so I'm open to your suggestions.

Thanks.