When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Hello from Atlanta, GA

johncatl

Hello everyone.  There's a lot to learn here but also many helpful members. 

I have owned a Tudor Sub since the middle 1960's - bought while I was in the military.  It has been an almost constant companion through thick and thin.  Until a few years ago, I never took it off, so it bears many of the marks of years of use.  I think I have been through over 4 or 5 bands and had it serviced several times.  The current band was bought on a trip to Hong Kong many years ago and is of very good quality although not a "factory" piece.

I look forward to learning much more and I am amazed at the expertise and ability f many of the members.  if I can do anything for anyone local, please don't hesitate to ask.

I would like to get a good water resistant, 2 tone sub replica but need to learn more and get some guidance.

Welcome aboard John, glad to have another Southerner around. Your old Tudor sounds pretty nice, they are really nice watches, and the nice thing is they fly under the radar, so even if one has a rep, as long as it's a good one, no one notices!!.  

AFA the TT Submariner, there really aren't any good 16613 models out there. All have flaws, and the biggest problem has been the bracelets. About the best way to get a good one is assemble the parts and have someone build one from scratch. Genuine dials, inserts and bezels are readily available, so it's just a matter of coming up with a good case and bracelet. Or the other alternative is watch the sales forum here, as periodically really nice ones come up for sale. Their have been some good threads lately over in the Rolex forum about building a 16613. I recently completed one, and it's my favorite "dressy" watch .Read the threads on the 16613 builds and you will get a much better idea of what's available.