When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

buying a rep watch

umairarif

Hi

As I am getting ready to purchase my first watch I would like to know if there are any tips that can make me save any money avoid any problems or hassle. So for example I want to buy planet ocean 45mm from trusty, should I just go on his website and purchase it there or should I email him and tell him the exact model that I want?. Are the prices on dealers's web sites are fixed? Also wondering will I be shown the product before being sent out to me?

regards 

If you want to save money on watch and shipping go to the smaller dealers.... you can save around $40- $60 in total....

If you want a first hassle free buy go to TT or PC or PT.... you will pay more but you probaly wont get the noob worries that dealing with smaller delaers might bring...

You will not save any money from TT or any of the dealers websites prices.... you will get QC pics...if you are unsure that what you see on the site is what you want then yes email the dealer...

But as a first timer... just order from TT or PT etc direct from site.... you will get a few emails after ordering and depending on payment method... dont worry about these just follow the instructions... but if you are unsure please dont post the details you are questioning in any threads!

You will get a tracking number and QC pics once payment is confirmed ...this can take a few days..depending on stock and ordering stock in.....REMEMBER ITS A NATIONAL HOLIDAY THERE TILL THE 6th OCT....sio nothing will ship till then and the makers are all closed...

If you are unsure about QC pics then talk to the dealer direct..... or if happy just confirm that by reply

Then a few days after that the tracking number will go live on EMS website and then in turn on Parcel force website...

Trusty Time (Andrew) has always been my dealer of choice.

Answers emails within a few hours.

You pay a little extra but you'll get that extra service.

I've only had one bad experience with Andrew when asking for a part that was missing from the crown guard of a PAM111.

He could not source the missing part only sell me a crown guard.

But that was one bad experience out of > 25 paurchases made from him, and to be honest it was not a huge problem.

More like that you expect everything to be 100% alright all the time when your hard earned cash change hands.