When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

omega po ti

umairarif

Hi

So finally I have decided which will be my first rep watch. OMEGA PLANET OCEAN BLUE TITANIUM/CERAMIC. I have looked at tt, pc, and waiting for reply from pt and ken.

the price difference on tt and pc is about $60 and only difference in the watch is that at tt its said the movement is swiss ETA 2824 and on pc its asian clone 2836. which should I go for because theres a mixed opinion about the rep movements some say its never swiss eta and some say it can be swiss eta some times if bought from td.

cheers. 

No it doesn't mean you have to service it.

I've had some luck with a few watches that still run great.

But you should be prepared that the movement is a ticking time bomb that needs a service sooner or later.

I don't know if there are any rep friendly watchmakers in the UK.

Perhaps any other could chime in?

Don't use any authorized dealers for a service. Period!

I have the blue po ti swiss.

I know its got a few minor issues to gen, ignoring the movement.

Mine does need a service as rotor is a bit sticky so doesn't wind so well.

But i think swiss version even if dirty and needing a service, is best. With a swiss you have better ease of service and spares.

Re UK rep servicing. Don't know of any that are left. But there is a guy in Madrid whi was superb on my IWC top gun.

so it means if I cant find any one to service the rep in the UK, I will have to send watch out side uk? and how can we trust them? it means say I buy it for $350, send it for service may be $200 including postage?

Now thinking is getting a rep really worth it? because after spending $500 I will still know its a fake :(

Would you buy a low mile used Audi S6 or a brand new Tata? Remember that the ETA has intechangable parts if you ever want to change with original. If you can afford it and enjoy horology the $60 it is worth it for the 'swiss' factor. .If your on a budget get the asia clone. This isn't a chronograph so theres less that go wrong. Either way you will have a nice watch that you want! Personally if i was using more money for the titanium po i would fork out for the swiss. I have a swiss eta sub and an asia steel po. There is a difference. The eta feels more solid when changinging the time. The clones have weaker steams and more rattle. MPO hope I havent offended anyone :-)