When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Help with 45m Seamaster

Jonny2400

Hi Guys

If you where in the market for a new 45mm with Orange Bezel. Which version would you go for ?

1. Planet Ocean Ceramic Swiss ETA

2. Planet Ocean Ceramic Asia ETA

3. Planet Ocean 45mm Orange Bez Eta 2824-2 Ultimate Ver

4. Another version I have missed

I plan to buy from trusty, and I don't plan to do any work on it.

• 3 weeks later...

Vangoosh after plenty of research it appears that the Asia version is generally the best bet. It appears that most time when you pay for swiss, you either get an old (upto 30years) swiss eta, a plain asia eta or a mix match of swiss and asia parts.

At least I know what I got and what I paid for ! A brand new asia copy, which at present is only -1 sec per day

post-58181-0-14893600-1384041218_thumb.j

Edited by Jonny2400

It's a mixed bag mate. The watch its self is very nice apart from the fact the crown tube stripped after only a few days (was common with a V5 PO) however it appears to also effect the Cr version as both my 45 & 42mm versions have poor crown tubes. Not am not sure if it only effects watches with the Asia movement !i have a new Blue bezel 45mm Ti Cr Swiss version on its way. I'll update this week once I'll had hands on.. As I said before I prefer Asia movements but the Ti Version was only available with the so called swiss movement

As for the bezel on the orange version it is steel even on the cr version. The black version has a nice matt finish and mine is NOT fading

Edited by Jonny2400