When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rolex 116610ln good investment?

sputim

On a local auction platform there is a good offer of a slightly used rolex 116610ln for about 7200$. What I have found out regarding my research I have done this is a pretty good price. This is a lot of money for me that's why I would appreciate some expert advice. Is this a good price and will it rather go up or down in the forseeable future?

Appreciate every input :inverted: 

cheers

Go over to the Rolex Forum, search 116610 Delete the Ln. There are pages of them for sale. From what  I see, that price(yours) is too high, as there are good reputable sellers selling used random serial number models for around  6700-6800 USD. and many of these guys will wheel and deal, so if you offered them a hundred dollars less, they might take it. There are lots of these watches for sale, Rolex is churning out thousands of them, so to answer your question, they are not a good investment. They will probably hold their value pretty well, but if you wear it and it gets to be several years old, I doubt that you are going to get to within 500-1000 USD of you purchase price, so if you buy one for 6800 USD today and wear it for 3-4 years and sell it, probably going to be looking at around 6300 - 6500 USD depending on condition. But it will sell for the same price if you paid 7200.00 USD for it, so in that case you are taking a thousand dollar hit as opposed to 300-400 USD if you buy it right

Don't buy watches for and investment, buy them to wear and enjoy. If you are lucky enough to own one that does appreciate, that's just gravy, as most don't. Rolex is somewhat unique as there are not many grey market or non AD sellers out there, but look at other brands like Omega, Tag, Breitling, etc. They are discounted like crazy and pity the poor guy who pays full price from and AD! Six months down the line he tries to sell his mint condition Omega, only to find out that you  can buy one from a non AD seller brand new for less than he wants. If he had done his research, he would have seen the same watch he owns selling for 35% off, online!! Last Christmas, I bought my wife a Tag Aquaracer midsize with a MOP dial with diamond indices and a diamond bezel for 1700.00 USD it was a watch that had been a display model, came with all the boxes, papers and a full warranty, had a few swirlies on the clasp that polished right off. We priced the exact same watch at and AD in Florida a few months before and it was 3500.00 USD plus 8% tax!! You got to do your homework before you buy. Don't jump at the first deal out there, especially with current contemporary watches that are out there by the thousands.

• Like 1

Thanks guys I really appreciate your thoughts and you just gave me the right advice. Since I really like the sub it would more be that I won't lose money while I wear it but I will rather hunt for a 16610 with maxi dial and black insert. That is the watch I will really enjoy and never sell. But to start I will go with a tc since as a student I don't have the necessary funds somehow :bangin:

Thanks guys I really appreciate your thoughts and you just gave me the right advice. Since I really like the sub it would more be that I won't lose money while I wear it but I will rather hunt for a 16610 with maxi dial and black insert. That is the watch I will really enjoy and never sell. But to start I will go with a tc since as a student I don't have the necessary funds somehow :bangin:

good choice. that's a pretty good amount of money to invest in a watch. Best to know if it's one that you really, really like, and a good quality rep is the way to test the water. Good luck!!