When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Omega 45 PO Gen Bezel adapter rings

fraggle42

Hi all,

Omega UPOs (the last gen 45.5mm ones) do not accept the gen bezel without an adapter / spacer ring as Rovin made here

www.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php/upo-gen-bezel-151469.html

Now looking at those images I'm certain that the adapter ring doesn't actually need any teeth on it, the spring fingers are touching the gen teeth so should work just fine, but if teeth are needed they can be cut, just doubles the time needed to make one.

I've found some thick walled metal pipe which should, with a bit of turning down the outside diameter and cutting the retainer spring groove, work just fine. Making it like this I can make it the correct "depth" so that when put inside the gen, it touches the back of the insert when the retainer spring is at the correct position, so it'll be a doddle to install.

I've ordered 6" of pipe, a decent motor for my CNC mill (one fitted is way too weak and so very slow) and a bigger chuck for the lathe, and I've got a couple of gen bezels coming and when everything is here I'll start experimenting and seeing what works well.

Once I figure it out, is anyone interested in an adapter ring? I'm hoping they will be able to reuse the retainer spring from the gen (may need to shorten it slightly), and will be a tight fit, secured by metal glue, and when inserted fully so it's touching the back of the insert, it will be at the correct depth.

I'm not sure if the forum rules allow me to set a price, so I won't at the moment, just asking if there's any demand to make a dozen or two of them.