When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

V5 or Gen 5 42mm PO

preacher62

Been reading a lot on this forum but still have just a little confusion. Been on the Rolex forum for years but have not looked at other brands. (Now I feel so cheap and unfaithful.) lol

I am interested in a v5 (or Gen 5) 42mm PO for modding. Questions are...

1. How do I know that it is v5 or Gen 5 as Trevor is the only TD that lists a V5 42mm PO? Is that the one?

2. Also, Josh is advertising a Super Ultimate 42mm PO w/2824 but when I asked if it is V5 he sent me an email of how good it is and how many he has sold but not if it is the V5. Is it a V5? (The V5 or Gen 5 seems to be a benchmark for modding since it accepts gen parts.)

3. Is this a moot point because all of them come from the same factory?

4. Given the difference in stem height from 2824 to 2836, which is more desirable...gen-like?

5. On the new CrPO and LMPO with the exhibition case back...is the gen movement some variation of the ETA movement. If not, is that not a mistake to have an exhibition case back? (That would be like having an exhibition case back on a Sub with a DG2813 showing through the window.

Thanks, in advance for the information.

MT