When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Link Cal. 16 day/date - how close to original? ("pinstriped" dial)

Mechanic

Hey there,

I'm considering to buy my first Tag rep, a Link Cal. 16 day/date SS with tachymeter bezel (2010 version).

I've seen those at Trustys and on Joshuas site, and I like the 7750 valjoux 28800bph movement and the engraved rotor - and the price of ~ 200 $. But how close to the original is the dial? Seems like the original Tag got kind of a "pinstriped" dial, while all the reps I found don't. Am I looking at two different series of watches or is it a missing detail on the rep?

Thanks in advance for any help,

Mecha

Hey Mecha, 

I posted a couple pics in another post but I'll add them here as well, they are both from Pure Time. These are the Cal. 16 Chrono Date only and this has a pinstriped dial. The older Link Cal. 16  had Day/Date complication but did not have a pinstriped dial. 

post-44290-0-44975100-1384425676_thumb.j

post-44290-0-19078400-1384425691_thumb.j

Can you confirm that the watch you are looking at is this watch

post-44290-0-28450300-1384425842_thumb.j

Both are good reps, I very much prefer the look of the newer Cal. 16 Link Chrono (no Day Date). 

My opinions aside and to answer your question. The day date Link chronograph is not suppose to have a pinstriped dial and the rep is pretty accurate. 

• Like 1