When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

1st purchase BSW0141A - Navitimer Cosmonaute SS/LE White Asia 7750

sckim0687

I just bought this watch maybe a few days ago. Did more research on rep watches. Come to find out, the movement in some rep watches arent the best of quality, especially the Asia 7750 Valjoux Working Chronograph movement.  Any one have an idea of how long the movements last before faltering? 

Also, do watchsmiths tend to service these Asia 7750 Valjoux Working Chronograph movement or should I not even bother getting them serviced and buy a Swiss 7750 Valjoux version instead to avoid further conflict?

Here is the watch I purchased. Has anyone purchased this from Andrew from trustytime? Good or bad reviews. 

http://www.ttw888.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=16_355&products_id=7563

Thanks

It is hard to say how long it will last. It really isn't so much a question of quality of the movement more about the cleanliness and preparation. It has been shown time and time again that a properly serviced clone movement can perform as well and last as long as its genuine counterpart. However, they seldom come from the rep factories in the proper condition. This can lead to mixed longevity ranging from 0 days to 10 years. Bit of a wild card actually.

With respect to getting it serviced there are several modders and services on the boards that can help you out. Some members have had success finding independent watchmakers that are just fine working on reps. If we know where you are someone may be able to point you in to someone or make specific suggestion.

Brave purchase in terms of rep accuracy. The Cosmonaut is my all time favorite Breitling but to date is has not been repped well. I would be curious to see some pictures once you have it. It suffers the horrible sunken date window of most of the Navi series and I am pretty sure they did not mod the movement for the 24 hr function. These alone would keep me from buying. Still would like to hear your thoughts once you have it.

I was hoping to find some closure and comfort in my purchase but that feeling still remains. haha. I guess thats the risk anyone has when buying reps.

Im currently in the states in NC, but I would be willing to ship anywhere within the states no problem as long as the watchsmith is reputable and reliable to work with rep watches.

krpster, you speak of this sunken date window , and did not mod the movement for the 24 hr function defect. Can you elaborate?