When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Breitling - Resize - Help Needed

rolex666

Sorry for such simple question. I got my rep on Breitling today and I would like to resize it. After I unscrew the tiny screw, how can I get the stem off? Not like relex, after unscrew, the whole thing comes out. I can just able to get the tiny screw out.

Thanks for the help in advance

Be carefull though because those suckers are small and can go flying.

LOL LOL....I had that exact thing. My friend here got a Bentley GT, and I had a screwdriver and tried to take out a link and the pin FLEW across the room....man it was like a treasure hunt....those things can be ANYWHERE!

Hi guys, I just tried to remove a few links from my new Navi Serie Speciale from Joshua.

The link pin in one link that I absolutely have to remove so the watch sits nicely on my wrist (naturally) is stuck within the links after I unscrew the tiny screw.

I've soaked the bracelet in Liquid Wrench, jiggled and twisted the links every way, tried to tap it out with a link pin remover and jewelers hammer, nada, nothing, it won't budge.

What can I do? I am so frustrated. Any suggestions, please?

Thanks very much.

Did you remove BOTH screw on one link end plate? You can then remove that link end plate. The pins are both fixed to the opposite end plate. You can only disassemble with both screws removed from a link. Reassembly is actually quite easy, so don't worry if you end up with a pile of pieces. They only go back one way.

Yes, thank you so much.

I finally did figure it out, as you describe.

But all the individual links coming off those 2 posts is a bit un-nerving, makes quite the mess. I've never dealt with a bracelet system such as this - insane!

Call me a wuss, but I think I'll take this one to a jeweler.

Thanks again, Krusty. Your explanation was perfect.

LOL, I did this when I added two links to my Navitimer. My fingers and thumbs were huge compared to the myriad little pieces that all fell out and I wound up using tweezers and hemostats to put it all back together.

I can not imagine what this is like at this part of the assembly line for the bracelets.

Usil

Edited by Usil