When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Helenarou into tiger big crown

aeromatic

I actually may buy a gen 2 case just to get a bezel. Or ask if anyone has a later tiger retainer ring and bezel to go on the case I have.

I know I want a better early sub than I have now. I think I would like a gen movement but need to find a good price on either a 1030 for a 6536/8 or a 15xx for a 5508/10. Not picky between 65xx and 55xx as the appearance is about the same. I guess parts for the 1030 movement are getting scarce so i think that pushes me more towards a 55xx.

If I am not going gen movement I think the new style tiger case is best bang for the buck as a 5510 dial (27.6mm) should slot right into a tiger case (27mm opening and 28mm dial size).

In fact it makes me wonder if these are modeled after a 5510 case.

I actually may buy a gen 2 case just to get a bezel. Or ask if anyone has a later tiger retainer ring and bezel to go on the case I have.

I know I want a better early sub than I have now. I think I would like a gen movement but need to find a good price on either a 1030 for a 6536/8 or a 15xx for a 5508/10. Not picky between 65xx and 55xx as the appearance is about the same. I guess parts for the 1030 movement are getting scarce so i think that pushes me more towards a 55xx.

If I am not going gen movement I think the new style tiger case is best bang for the buck as a 5510 dial (27.6mm) should slot right into a tiger case (27mm opening and 28mm dial size).

In fact it makes me wonder if these are modeled after a 5510 case.

27.6mm you should be fine !! 

Has anyone tried the ingod44 6538 case. Looks interesting and the price is better than yuki's.

I had swore that I would take a break from buying watch parts but the idea of a gen movement 6538/5510 is keeping me up. I like by dg2813 movement version but for some reason I keep going to yuki's site.

Make it stop.

Has anyone tried the ingod44 6538 case. Looks interesting and the price is better than yuki's.

I had swore that I would take a break from buying watch parts but the idea of a gen movement 6538/5510 is keeping me up. I like by dg2813 movement version but for some reason I keep going to yuki's site.

Make it stop.

I have two 6538 yuki builds and in the post a 5513 strangely i do like my other cheaper cases

And now Yuki is feeding my watch ADD by offering a 6542 case set.  Will this ever end...

Wow ! a pan=am caset thats another of my grail watches here we go again yet another project my yuki 5513 is in transit ready for another build !!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I took my watches for their annual pressure test. The tiger passed with flying colors to 10 bar or 100 meters. I think this is THE best bang for the buck case available.

Crystal was glued on with gs cement and stock gasket,retaining ring and sterile crown. If I could get someone to engrave the case and fit a gen like bezel and crown, I don't see needing a yuki case. Problem is by the time I add a good bezel and crown, I'm almost in to the cost of a yuki case.

• Like 1

I took my watches for their annual pressure test. The tiger passed with flying colors to 10 bar or 100 meters. I think this is THE best bang for the buck case available.

Crystal was glued on with gs cement and stock gasket,retaining ring and sterile crown. If I could get someone to engrave the case and fit a gen like bezel and crown, I don't see needing a yuki case. Problem is by the time I add a good bezel and crown, I'm almost in to the cost of a yuki case

.I learnt that well , my blu flake sub using a cartel cost me around 580usd without the movement at the moment im in the middle of building my yuki 5513 just waiting for the gen crown and tube and i need a bracelet for it and some enhanced patination well mabe just the case as the dial i will leave as it is i already have a 5513 cartel case build that is aged so mabe this will be in more prestine condition mabe just remove the factory fresh look ,