When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

AP ROO

Jordanf1

I am a big fan of the Panda. But a dial is rare. I've seen a few for around $2k with the tachymeter. You will then need to find an LWO 283 movement. It's not as easy as some may think. I have a fully modded Panda that I was thinking of making into a Franken. But I'm Satisfied with how it looks now. I have the jewel mod , black lume ,double AR and an OEM strap.

I am a big fan of the Panda. But a dial is rare. I've seen a few for around $2k with the tachymeter. You will then need to find an LWO 283 movement. It's not as easy as some may think. I have a fully modded Panda that I was thinking of making into a Franken. But I'm Satisfied with how it looks now. I have the jewel mod , black lume ,double AR and an OEM strap.

I have heard of black lume, but I am very curious how it would look. Would you care to share a little, and also where you could get a black lume done please?

Thank you kindly

Black lume isn't that great. It will look nice under a blacklight, but it's pretty useless. The GEN Panda dial has black lume which is also not that impressive. Here are some pics of my watch.

Looks awesome, seriously speaking. You are right, this is as accurate as it could go without going franken. And the way it is now, franken could add maybe 5-10% "on the wrist" accuracy to your watch. Well done, wear her well. :)

Black Lume

Double AR

Bezel screws polished

Case rebrushed

Rounded Pushers

Movement serviced and added jewels

All case screws were replaced because the originals were damaged by a modder

OEM AP strap

No hole AP Deployant Buckle

That's about every mod you can do without going Franken.

NO , it's not for sale !!!!!!

• Like 1

HI BMW , love the PANDA, well done , so may i kindly ask what has been done too it ?

Actually, I would recommend that you do more research in this forum if you are interested in ROO mods.. 

BMW760's ROO has been modded to the max outside franken territory. 

There are many others here in varying stages of modifications/enhancements. Many pictures available too.

Yup . That's what I have suggested to him. But new AP folk need to understand that Franken on an AP isn't about simple parts swap. I have a Franken IWC 5002 , a Super Avenger and they were much easier than an AP.

new AP folk need to read more too, as there are plenty of material available to them :D :D

My honest opinion is that Franken is not worth it.

Dude, that thing is amazing. I just sourced a rubber clad dial, but after looking at the Modded panda you have I think I may save my money, and put it towards a good madder rather than a dial.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2