When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

ROLGMT079 - YG/YG 2008 GMT Black Swiss 2836 - From Andrew!

JB01

Hi fellow forum members!

I have recently been recommended to this forum for my intresset in reps and to learn more about them! And how happy i am to be here!

I have found a dealer i have decided on, much thanks to the reviews he has gotten from you guys!

The watch im planing on buying is, as the topic says, the ROLGMT079 - YG/YG 2008 GMT Black Swiss 2836 - from Andrew (trustytime). I have tried to read up on the movement off the,

Nickle Plated Swiss Eta 2836-2 Modified to Rolex Calibre 3187 Markings and Bridges, Automatic Movement, 25J, 28800bph,

and some off you says "yay" and some off you says "nay".  All in all i´ve decied to go for it and gamble on the extra $$$ it will cost. 

My question how ever is, is there any off you that would recommend me NOT to buy this rep? Is there anything i should know before i place the order? Like a big flaw (compared to teh gen)? 

All information is appriciated!

Thank you in advance!

//

Regards, JB01

Well...first...the TD of your choice is one of the best when it comes to customer satisfaction :)

A YG rep is always something one should really think about. Due to the high price of the material (of the gen) and its bling factor they're pretty often called out as a rep.

And...as far as I know they're not meant to be a daily beater since the gold wrap vanishes pretty fast when wearing it.

Last...the biggest and easiest tell is the ICHS movement.

Sent from my wooden drums using Tupperware

hi, and thanks for your answer!!

Iguess you are right about the gold wrap. Tho in the add it is stated it will be 5mm deep (question is...how true is it?). wich should last atleast a few years. Ofcourse it all comes down to how carefull you are with the watch. In one way i prefer leather bracelets when it comes to YG reps...for obvious reasons!

i HAVE thought about the GMT-2 YL/SS version but im not 100% sure on it so thats why i decided to go for YL/YL instead. Even if it is easier to call out as a rep (due to the cost of the gen), i still just feel it looks awsome!

A question that poped up in my head, do you think the watch would need service right away when deliverd? If so, would i be better off to just order a service on it right away before delivery? If not.....how long should i wait before getting the service? 

//

Best Regards, JB01

Due to the circumstances under which the watches are build it's absolutely recommended to have them serviced once they arrive.

And...maybe I do wrong here...but I would not trust the service offered by the TDs. Let a local watchmaker or a Forum watchmaker do the service.

Sent from my wooden drums using Tupperware

Hmm okay. I sent him an e-mail asking him about it. If he replys with an assurance that its 5mm and not 5microns it´s on his word as a trusted dealer. And i will have it checked! ;) 

But im wondering about the red wheel ive read that some movements has. It does show on the pictures he has posted on the homepage off this rep aswell :/ ive read in a few posts on this forum that it flakes and get stuck in the movement....i suppose thats why you wanna service the watch right away, and remove that paint! :)