When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

LMLE PO 42mm Asian or Swiss?

ActionZzZ

I just ordered the same watch with asian movement. Usually when Swiss ETA option is available I will take it but lately with the scarcity of Gen ETA movements it seems the rep factories are piecing together old swiss movements to give us the ETA. Nowadays I'm doing strictly Asian because you are more likely to get a new movement. If you don't mind possibly getting a 80's or 90's piece together movement then go for the Gen Swiss ETA. Yes the date wheel should be same.

Edited by indywatchguy

Noob - both Asian and Swiss are good, and Swiss movements are new

BP - both have some flaws, they use subpar movements

You can look at gen watches to get an answer to your question. Sea-Gull ST2130 is no worse than ETA 2824-2, both of my Sea-Gull watches are extremely accurate.

So if Noob uses ST2130, you won't have any problems. But I don't know for sure, they have some perlage on movement holder, but hard to say until someone opens up the LMLE.

• 3 weeks later...

Since I have some wise fellows here on the LMLE -- and indy owns it - what is the thickness on this watch?

Toro lists at 42 x 16 - which would indicate the case was designed for the 8500 and is INCORRECT

Puretime lists at 42 x 14 which would be the correct size for the 42mm LMPO steel limited edition

Thx from a Noob