When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Panerai 111 H Lume Question - The Correct Lume

rolex666

In the forum, I learnt that there are different kind of lume and the watch looks great after re-lume work. However, I am trying to compare with the original one which I find that the lume is actually not the same for PAM 111 H, by my visual, there should be three different color on the original PAM. The brightest is the hour and minute arms, then the running second is a little bit less bright while the dial is least bright.

For a best rep, should it reproduce the same effect or just my visual is in-correct, the orginal PAM is of same color on the lume.

Color is the same (C3), but you can get different degrees of brightness depending on how many hands (layers) of lume you apply, and especially on how much the glowing pigment is diluted into the medium.

Btw, maybe there are only two degrees of brightness: hands and dial -- and the difference in brightness between the larger hands and the small hand is just due to the different size.