When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

How close is this PO?

jayely1

You will need to elaborate - what do you mean by brand new one? If you mean the newest Planet Ocean, there are several different Planet Oceans produced by Omega. For example, that is the Ceramic Planet Ocean (CrPO) GMT, which has a 2nd hour hand (with the orange tip) so you can track the time in multiple time zones. It is, however, in the latest range produced by Omega (see the Omega website) which we generally refer to as CrPOs. The older ranges are generally called the 5th gen PO (all white writing on the face) and the LMPO (liquid metal PO) or LMLE (liquid metal limited edition) (red writing on a black face). These both have a different shape hands to the latest range of POs, along with a few other differences. If you mean the newest replica produced by the factories in China, that is the latest PO produced by the BP Factory. Another factory called the 'noob' factory, who are known for producing very high quality replicas, have just released their version. Their 42mm PO looks very good, but it seems there are some issues with the sizing of the numbers on the bezel (20, 30, 40, 50) on their 45mm PO. I would suggest you have a read through the Noob PO threads on here and on RWI (another replica forum). In terms of how it compares to the gen, you will need to read around for this. There is plenty of information on the forums and too much to explain to you in one thread. Overall, they are both very good replicas, some of the best around, but none are perfect. Hope that helps Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well it is a GMT which I'm not very familiar with nor do I ever buy so I can't help with the aesthetics of the gmt bezel and hand.  But otherwise it looks like the newest one to me with clear caseback, ceramic bezel, and correct coin edge style bezel for 42.5mm and liquid metal edition although I haven't seen a liquid metal watch yet without metal numbers on the dial.