When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rolex Daytona 116509 Silver Dial (A7750 Valjoux)

ProMariner

Hi everyone, Today I want to share with you one of my favorite piece, the Rolex Daytona 116509 silver dial (opposed to the black dial). It is powered by an A7750 Valjoux movement modified to the sec@6, this movement has been improved, but I saw on the forum that a lot of people qualify his reliability like random. I have this watch for a while, almost one year and actually it works pretty good, it keeps time very well about 2sec/day. Before I went to A7750, I had an 21j Daytona 116509. The case thickness was correct opposed to the A7750 (because of the movement) but it has two many flaws and I really wanted the chronograph function that I use often. So I will show you some picture of the A7750 version and make a photo comparison between A7750 vs 21j design ( the movements don't need to be compare ) Here is the beast: rabyzyju.jpge9u2amur.jpgtyquhynu.jpgabeba4e9.jpgvejeru7a.jpgu8esahy4.jpgbyhate5y.jpgmysa2yza.jpg2ury4u4e.jpga4urajeb.jpgutumubyb.jpgejahypeb.jpgu9upapa8.jpgru5u5eve.jpgamujerus.jpgahu7ezyt.jpgu2a5u2a9.jpg Now lets compare the 21j design with A7750 design: 9arypaby.jpgzenuregy.jpgqypa8eja.jpg This is my first review on this forum, hope you guys enjoyed it, feel free to comment about those watches :) !! Envoyé de mon iPhone à l'aide de Tapatalk

Nice :)  I take it you had extra jewels fitted by Domi?

Regarding the case and its depth, why not remove the rotor from your A7750, and fit the case back from the 21J.  manual wind Daytona :)

Edited by SSTEEL

Nice :) I take it you had extra jewels fitted by Domi? Regarding the case and its depth, why not remove the rotor from your A7750, and fit the case back from the 21J. manual wind Daytona :)
No I don't like the rehaut on the 21j and the crown is not centered also the bezel is just wrong. It has glass and not sapphire crystal as the A7750. And the movement won't fit correctly even if I remove the rotor because there will be no place for a gasket to maintain the movement or screws.. And finally I don't want to lose my mechanical winding lol so it is a big bad idea :) The A7750 doesn't like to be hand winded a lot I think .. Envoyé de mon iPhone à l'aide de Tapatalk

Very nice looking Daytona, I have the white face panda dial :-)

Wow i love this one, could you please share some pictures of yours with me by sending me a thread of the white face panda dial? 

I love the Daytona's with Arabic numerals, it gives to the watch the sport spirit that it should have !

Yes no probs I will post pics of my genuine Rolex watches, both daytona's were purchased this year from an AD :-), the money I paid for both of them I could of had about 200 reps give or take a few lol, at the end of the day they both tell the time, nothing more nothing less lol

Yeah but genuine watches specially Rolex's are a real investment and give time better than any other rep :)