When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Looking for SPACE X Rep ? Any Suggestions

ankz

Dear All,

I have finally decided to take a plunge into the Tag Heuer brand, I have been searching for the 

CALIBRE 1887, SPACE X Rep , simply love the design of this watch and the retro feel, but not sure if any of the trusted dealers is offering a good rep of this watch. 

post-59783-0-79179500-1387882689_thumb.p

Unfortunately I have failed so far to locate this rep anywhere. Could any one suggest where I could locate this rep.

To have a backup, incase a good space x rep is not out there, I would opt for the 300 SLR as my other preference from puretime.

post-59783-0-91748800-1387883080_thumb.j

I have read the reviews and they seem to be good. Do you think I should go ahead with the 300 SLR from puretime ?

Looking forward to your suggestions

I've asked Angus from Puretime for a good rep of the 300SLR and they made it.

It's a very good rep, I have it....But since 2 weeks, I also have the gen. And I will try to find the time to make some good pics to compare both.

Gen on the left, rep on the righ

s6eq.jpg

I've asked Angus from Puretime for a good rep of the Space-X, the same maker than the 300 SLR is working on it since few months.

So you have the choice. You can wait or you can go with the 300 SLR. But the best is to take both :D

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

i got mine from TS

it was a bit of Saga , but well cheap

I wanted this

14199.jpg

he said he could only get the black date wheel versions , after I ordered it . But for $100 , i was like ok 

But then he sends me this .  

VDADClv.jpg?1

I was well chuffed 

Can you see why this one is slightly better than the one I originally ordered ?

Well, I actually can't see it...

Despite the flaws it has with the subdials, how is the overall feel of the watch?

I am quite new to this. Do you think it is worth it to wait for the 7750version? How much should I expect it will be (about 350?)?

I am willing to use it as a everyday watch, if it helps with the recommendation.

Many thanks in advance!

Mine doesn't have to repeated numerals in the chapter ring. Which I saw as an annoying flaw.

I think for $100 its a bargain yes the 7750 will be a bit better. I've been a right Rep watch snob for years. This year though I've bought 2 Quartz watches and I've surprised myself at my easy adoption of them. I've got a 7750 watch and the date is a bit troublesome Quartz are really reliable .

I am sorry to ask such a dumb question. Being quarz, I would expect it to tick, but I have found this video showing a replica like the one showed in the photos of TS,

http://youtu.be/q7nqKAi6Voo

wich it does have a sweep, or at least a high tick. Is it yours like this one?

sorry if it's very noob question, I promise I have been searching on youtube videos, but cannot get sure.

Edited by nightfall

• 2 weeks later...

Ahh I want that watch so bad.. I've been asking some of my TD's if they know if there is some good reps of this one coming, and they all said no..

Not enough demand I was told.

Any of you knows more?

It seems like I need to go the cheapo route.. Is three Sapphire glass on any of them?

I am sorry to ask such a dumb question. Being quarz, I would expect it to tick, but I have found this video showing a replica like the one showed in the photos of TS,

http://youtu.be/q7nqKAi6Voo

wich it does have a sweep, or at least a high tick. Is it yours like this one?

sorry if it's very noob question, I promise I have been searching on youtube videos, but cannot get sure.

The Tick is at the 6 o'clock sub-dial 

• 1 month later...