When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Speedmaster Date rep bracelet - pins falling out

mujahid7ia

Hi there,

I just bought a Speedmaster Date 3210.52 (the red and black dial) from the forum, and the rep bracelet seems to be of good quality; however, one link position (that connects to the link connected to the deployant) does not seem to connect properly and the pin keeps falling out when the watch is shaken a bit (when the arrow on the link is pointing toward the ceiling - so gravity just pulls the pin out). I think I may have damaged the pin(s) while taking them out, because I have tried to put different links in that position which all exhibit the same behavior.

Does anyone know whether I could order pins somewhere that would fit this bracelet?

Also, just out of curiosity, does the gen bracelet fit this rep properly? And if so, is it much better quality than the rep bracelet? The rep one feels pretty damn good to me, besides this problem.

Thanks!

I had this problem too. 

Are they the split pins? or are they one solid piece. 

I used to have a PO that had the loose pins, I took them out, and split them open a bit on one end with a razor blade, then wedged them back in with a soft plastic mallet, worked like a charm! 

Hi, in mine, between the links - right in the center - is an almost invisible tiny micro-tube through which the pin goes. This makes it tight and fitting and it probably fell out (you don´t hear and see it if You don´t look for it). If You have a spare link You could try to take out the pin and look for such a tube.

Other: put glue gun without glue to the link to heat it up, fill the hole with glue, put in the pin (if needed reheat link). 

Last: Remove bracelet and use a Nato-Strap until You get a replacement.

Wish You luck;

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the responses! @Nightwatch, I think what you described is exactly what happened, since I found some tubes as shown in my photo. I also found this image very helpful:

12274033014_a32d82c46a_o.jpg

12273731133_04e4171109_o.jpg

So, are the tubes symmetrical (they go in either way)? Do I just push them in from the arrow side and then push the pin into them from the opposite side?

EDIT: Okay I got it now. The tubes go into the center-links then the pin pushes through after connecting the links together. Should have read your post more carefully!

Thanks!

Edited by mujahid7ia