When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Back to the forum with DSSD crown issue

shultz

Hi all,

having been away from watch collecting and from the forums for a loooong time. As I liked the DSSD much and already owned a V3 or V4 (can't remember exactly) which has been given to a friend I pulled the trigger and picked up a BK noob and a BP (both m2m deals) recently. Because I took that long break in my watch hobby there is a lack of knowledge, now. But I went for these two versions because these are recommended in several forums.

The issue: The BP crown thread is stripped. I took it to a local watchmaker who was willing to examine a rep and he told me that he could source and replace a tube but not the crown because it is a rep. By the meantime I contacted a number of TD's but none of them is able to source a crown (crown/ tube set) for the BP. As an alternative I applied for an entire crown/ tube set for any other DSSD rep (noob, ultimate) but no luck so far.

Does anybody has got an idea how to solve the prob? I already thought about a dissection of the BP and building up a Franken of BK noob and BP but in fact I would like the BP repaired.

BTW: Does anybody know the ref. no. of the genuine dssd 8mm crown in steel?

Thanks in advance and: Good to be back!