When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rep Friendly Service in Sydney

Jordanf1

Hi Guys,

Bit of a quandry here, ive got a fully Vac modded AP Black Themes that i've recieved off a member today ( Member is impeccable ) anyway the short of it is that the AP runs for about 15min then stops dead,  So  i need advice.

1. it came direct from Vac (unworm) and fully serviced @ 12 seconds.

2. advice from you lot please, should i wear it and see what happens if she boots up.

3. find a Rep friendly watch smith in Sydney ? to which ive got no clue as i have a few GEN AP's and only use the AD service center

4. I contact Vac which ive done but its Chinese NY, not sure how long that goes for, and see if he can repair it,  but im in Sydney and its along way too him and back, so id be looking at 4-6 Weeks

5. Im kinda let down as this piece is as good as it gets before Franken works.

Any help would be grateful guys.

Cheers

Daz

If you got it direct from VAC send it back to him. Happened to me before and he fixed it. Damn hassle though.

Otherwise PM me. I have a rep friendly watchsmith in Sydney that is very good. Not sure if he will touch AP Sec@12 though. U can try. He done alot of stuff for me already.

Sounds like there's some dust in the transfer gears, you'll need to remove everything and service the movement.

I agree mate, all pushers crown the lot work like clockwork, but she stops , which is why when i paid 1250+ for the vac id expect to me as mint as usual,  ive got 4 AP's fully Vac modded and WP and Serviced and 3 are Mint they run for 4 days each, this one Ba'h ! annoying as im sure itll have too go back next week.  Shame really as this piece looks EPIC on the wrist.

I would definitely send it back, as something in the movement is amiss. Very well could have occurred in transit, as we all know the folks handling packages are not known for their gentle touch and finesse!! I feel sure Vac can sort everything out for you and get it back to running correctly.

I can appreciate your concern, not only is it expensive to ship back and forth half way around the world, but every time you put something in the mail or with a courier service, it increases the likelihood of it getting lost, stolen or nabbed by customs. Unfortunately, unless you can find someone in Sydney that works on AP reps, you don't have any alternatives. As another poster said, that sec@ 12 movement might be a problem with a lot of watchmakers. Probably would be easy to get someone to work on a 2824-2 or 2836-2 ETA, but these are different, and not many folks want to tackle them. 

Nothing that I'm aware of, there are gen chrono watches that use valjoux based movements and so reps of those watches can use a valjoux movement without the secs mod (safe). There are gen chrono watches that don't use valjoux based movements (all the good ones) and the reps of those are flawed because they end up being too thick to accommodate the always thicker a7753/50 movements, and have the mod to the secs position making them unstable. The only way to use the right movement for your watch is to mod the case itself and lower the crown height, there's no plug and play option. That's why the zenith daytonas are popular builds for people because they want to use a movement that's not a ticking time bomb. Lots of other watches like some Pam's and many others use swiss 7750/53 movements so if you bought a rep of one of those and opted for the Swiss movement or plopped one in yourself, everything would be good. Long rant sorry! Basically I really don't think that watches with those movements should be purchased at all, they are flawed, and will one day stop working, it's the rep factory's answer to all the diff chrono config's the gen company's have produced, and it sucks. There's a reason why the manufacturers of the high end non valjoux chrono movements have purposely placed their sec's subdial in a diff location than a run of the mill 7750/53

My watchsmith can fix A7750 no problems. I'm just not sure about Sec@12 transfer gear but I think it should be fine as well. Not much different just a transfer plate. Vac doesnt add the extra jewel like Domi does.

Yes i know Domi hes said if i get stuck then its too be sent too him so ill give Vac a Week to come too the party....... unless you have an alternative thats not going to take 8 weeks