When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

AP & Hublot size help

clckwrk

Hi everybody!

Couldnt find a better forum section where to post this so I hope this is the right place to do so.

Question is, which of these fit better to a small wrist like mine? Its 17cm / 6.7in.

Big Bang V6 (44mm) or AP ROOs (44mm)? Basically looking to buy a watch from pureti.me or from here.

I am really new to this, I know about 42mm Diver but is there more 42mm versions?

I just dont want my watch to look tacky on my tiny wrist

Edited by clckwrk

Don't know a thing about Hublot's and pretty much a noob when it comes to AP. I do have two AP's the FC Diver V3 and the S/S diver V5. Both of the divers are around 14mm high which to me is about what a "normal" watch would be at this size (44mm) . the ROO models are around 16+ mm thick so they sit higher on your wrist. My feelings personally that the 44mm AP watches are at the very limits size wise for my wrist which is a little over 7", maybe 7.25. I have seen a fair number of them for sale on the forums with the reason for sale listed as "just too big for my wrist".  These were generally being sold by guys who have 6-6.5" wrists. Personally, I don't believe that watches whose lugs hang over the sides of the wrist and are massive in size look good on the wrist at all. If your watch looks like you have an alarm clock strapped to your wrist, them it's too big. Everyone has to make their own decision as to what looks correct and what looks silly. Another factor is comfort. With a narrow wrist, these big top heavy watches are always trying to "Turn turtle", which means that they are always trying to slip around and end up on the bottom of your wrist. To combat that, you have to wear the strap so tight that it's not comfortable. Best thing would be to try to find an AP dealer and try on a genuine ROO for size. only problem there is the genuine ROO chronos are about 2mm thinner than the reps, or about the thickness of the rep Divers. They are thinner, but you could get a good idea as to how they look and feel on your wrist.

You might also want to post this over on the AP forum, you might get more responses and different answers. Look under Brand name watches and the Audemars Piguet forums is the first at the top

Thank you!

Thats what I thought, 44mm AP - big, too big.

Well, I guess its going to be either Diver or Hublot. Will do more research  :g:

There are other AP Roo 42mm out there too bud, not just the diver. Some of the RC models are 42mm I have two of them and they wear great!!

As Pan says above, go speak to the guys on the AP forum on here, what they don't know isn't worth knowing!!

Sixx. :bones:

• Like 1

I guess I will have to check online stores one by one which one is 44 / 42mm.

Would post in WTB but not allowed to and Admin not responding to my PM so I don't really know.

Thank you tho  :)

Well yes, I tried that link posted by Admin but its no longer working, I also sent a PM to admin and no response either so that..  :)

edit: 

works now, nevermind.

Edited by clckwrk
  • Like 1