When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

BP Submariner 116618LN (DG2813)

ProMariner

Today I received my BP Submariner 116618LN powered by a DG2813, that I got from a member here !

I am not a gold fan, but this this Submariner caught me !

IMO the LN version is more sober than the 116618LB version which is more bling bling. The 116618LN is not as usual as the LB full gold is, so it also makes it very special.

The submariner has this particular aspect, that allows you to look good with it on your wrist whatever your cloths style ! You can wear flip flop and a submariner, or a highly expensive tuxedo with Richelieu, you will still look good with it on your wrist.

Now for the features. I am as always amazed by the BP sub c. This one like the others has a gen like case which is 1:1 to gen, it also have a gen like bezel construction, it clicks 120times and clicks are firm, it doesn't feel like a cheap watch when you turn the bezel it is impressive. The ceramic bezel insert has fat numerals and they are deeply engraved. The pearl looks awesome ! It is super lumed and it has a correct Lume not the dark blue one or the greenish one. BP dials are just impressive in how close to gen they are ! It has a good AR on the cyclop magnification. The date mag on the crystal is correct 2,5x but I read that the sapphire crystal gasket is a little but higher than gen so it is a little bit note zoomed but I didn't noticed that as it doesn't bug me. The SEL fits perfectly between the lugs with no space between them and that is one of the characteristic of the gen ! And i gotta say that i am impressed by the quality of the gold plated, it hasn't any stains on it l, and the bracelet including the buckle (glidelock) are great. BTW the rehaut is perfectly aligned with the dial markers, and the LEC is hardly noticeable. Some people think that the LEC on the BP is noticeable, but it doesn't bother me, I don't see it when I look at the dial, I can see it in some special angles with some light on the sapphire crystal.

Well it is a really an impressive time piece and I am very happy with it. I am know thinking about the whole BP ceramic range. Maybe I will pull the trigger on a 116610LV and the smurf 116619LB.

Here are some pictures:

You can see in looking at the dial that it is a 116618LN Mark I dial launched in 2008

re4aju8u.jpg

Here is the gen Mark II dial:

qupa7aqu.jpg

Here is the gen Mark I dial:

6egusute.jpg

The BP again:

ymyvuveh.jpg

Much closer look at the dial:

2asa7ute.jpg

Gen Mark I dial:

tuvy3a2e.jpg

jesuqunu.jpg

Side view, the crown logo on the crown looks awesome !!

y2a8adas.jpg

Here is the final wrist shot !

evyde3as.jpg

Edited by ingelero

Congrats on Your new watch and thanks for the pics and explanation. Wear it well and enjoy - just right for the weekend....

Thanks buddy ! I am here to contribute to the knowledge that the forum gives to us ! :)

Yeah this watch is really great. Perfect for the special occasions !