When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Hello from CA

LEE0452

Hello everyone! I want to thank everyone who has contributed to the knowledge base on this site. It has been a great blessing and a curse at the same time. Both in helping me find the answers to my questions and then in turn changing my mind by posing new ones. Never the less I recently purchased my first rep and couldn't be happier. I finally pulled the trigger and got a BK DSSD. 

Now I am headed down the rabbit hole again looking for my next rep... As I am sure most of you can relate, the wife is thrilled..

Anyhow, thanks again!

Lee 

Thanks for the welcome gents. I will get some pics up as soon as I can take a few that will give it justice. Oddly enough I originally came to this site looking for an Omega. As far as my next one goes, I am leaning VERY heavily on the Pro-Hunter Deep Sea PVD with "PRO HUNTER SEA DWELLER" in red script.  But every time I think I have my mind made up, of what one/who i want to buy from, I find another path.  Its always the first step that is the hardest. 

Hi again, actually I would stay clear of the pro hunter and highly recommend the stainless steel DSSD with Asian ETA. Very good rep and resistant, sturdy watch.

If it has to be black, the Jacques Limited Edition (singlered) in my opinion is the better one. In black it just goes as another "big, black watch" not necessarily a Rolex which may be good or not.

Be it the DSSD or the Singlered just make sure it has the glidelock clasp, which is difficult to find but is the one feature that makes these (heavy) watches so much more wonderful and comfortable (without tools You may seamlessly micro-adjust the bracelet to Your comfort, also be it in the morning or at night).

dssdbackL1050774.jpg

dssdL1050776.jpg

• 6 months later...

I have a swiss ETA dssd Jacques Pic being delivered tomorrow from Andrew at trusty time it has glide lock and yes love glide lock. I already have the orginal ETA Swiss from Andrew and love the watch. Had to have the Jacques black version I love the dads so much. I hate 40 Mmds watches to small. So sub was out I love my omega P. O and always love Rolex but intolerant I found a 43 Mm dssd wouldn't own one now my Rolex reps are my everyday fav watch. I toke my org silver Swiss dssd in to my Rolex dealer in town and the salesman offered me $8500 for trade not knowing it was a Rep. Lol when I told him he was blown away.if you have the money $250 and want a rubber strap from your dads. Go to rubberb straps and check them out you can use the your Rolex glide lock clasp with strap. I included a pic of the rubberb strap on dssd. Unreal strap. Anyone know the best way to bring out a great polish on the brushed dssd brackets or a good product to bring out a great shine????????

post-65031-0-30256400-1410717510_thumb.j

post-65031-0-88826100-1410717528_thumb.j

post-65031-0-86014000-1410717551_thumb.j

post-65031-0-82546900-1410717565_thumb.j

post-65031-0-64596500-1410717587_thumb.j

post-65031-0-35352000-1410717615_thumb.j

post-65031-0-55968800-1410717636_thumb.j

post-65031-0-91042300-1410717702_thumb.j