When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

GMT II C: Which version to go with?

Ticktick

Hello guys,

hope someone is able to help me. I'looking for a GMT Master ceramic but there are so many versions at puretime's website. Which one is the best ootb? He also offers a version with chs, seems to be an A2836 with mods. Is this movement reliable?

I enjoy both variants of this watch, the black one and the BLNR. Would like to order a version which has got as few as possible flaws.

I searched this forum already and learned it would be a real good choice to go with BP's GMT. But on PT's site I can't realize who's the maker of those watches...

Has someone an advice for me?

I recommend the BP factory GMTc (Sead can sell you this, "SuperMirrors" in the TD section) if you ever plan on modding the watch.  I have a BP GMTc with gen bezel assembly and gen crystal.  I prefer the ICHS as its proven to be more reliable in my personal experiences. There are some who've had CHS movements run for years with no issues.  Luck of the draw.  I am not to concerned with the ICHS tell as its only evident near midnight which is a non issue for me.  

For the time being I would get the Batman sub-c BP version with ichs from Trusty or Sead in the 2813 or Asian eta version and not spend more money on it. But than when it comes to watches I am more into quantity with reasonable quality for now, just change them to often. If I find someday I really only use 2 or 3 those would probably be gen.