When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Opinions On New Pam Buy Please

pannylovernr1

No date pusher on the side.

That is the one of the first original movement PAM's, The watch is fabulous. The price is excellent and it is very unlikely it will ever be made again. IMHO, the PR movement (2892-A2) in the first generation genuine PAM's (and this rep) is better than what is in the contemporary PR gens. The finish on the movement in the rep is great as well (except for the purposeful ommision of an "i" in Officice"). If it is the one with Hobnail dial as in Eddie's pictures be forewarned that the gen with that dial only came in PVD. The plain dial version of this did come in SS. This is one where, if so inclined, it is worthwhile to PVD, add Palp crown, relume, add date wheel and cyclops. But you will have $7-800 into a very good original movement rep of a $6,000 plus watch. Otherwise keep it as is and know that you have a very nice and beautiful timepiece which can last a lifetime with proper care. By the way that is the lowest price I have ever seen. If you love PAM's and you got the dough, definitely give it a go. :)

In case, you don't understand what's on the table, I'll just say, get it or regret it. I have one of the 2893 movement 029's, and I'd be kicking myself had I not bought it. If I had the money for this watch AND a divorce attorney, I'd get it. But funds are limited, and no one wants a divorce at xmas, so I will yield to my wife's demands.

In case, you don't understand what's on the table, I'll just say, get it or regret it. I have one of the 2893 movement 029's, and I'd be kicking myself had I not bought it. If I had the money for this watch AND a divorce attorney, I'd get it. But funds are limited, and no one wants a divorce at xmas, so I will yield to my wife's demands.

I agree the 2893 movement rocks over the 2836 (after reading for example The Zigmeisters review of the later). Since I couldn't source a decent 63 GMT w/ 2893 I sent Davidsen a 2893 and begged him on my knees (almost) to fit it in his 63 GMT before shipping it. He's still working on it, and great guy for even doing this. :victory:

But seeing EL's watch now made the devil in me desire for another PAM :akuma: