When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Oiling SMP strap

Hey All,

Just got my new SMP from Precious Time. Awesome, loving it, just re-aligned the bezel.

I need to oil the bracelet - anyone got any tips or a guide would be handy :wounded1:

I have seen threads in the past but my searches arent getting anything handy.... :(

Also i have read on some other threads that the crown feels a bit loose on changing the time - hope i dont have to do this too often....it doesnt feel too sturdy!!

CHeers

Dave

Well, I just sprayed a tiny bit of WD40 into each of the links. And then moved the bracelet around a lot so that the links could move against each other. And then I wiped all the excess WD40 with a tissue and some white spirit. Worked quite well for me....

Well, I just sprayed a tiny bit of WD40 into each of the links. And then moved the bracelet around a lot so that the links could move against each other. And then I wiped all the excess WD40 with a tissue and some white spirit. Worked quite well for me....

Yeh i thought of doing something similar but was worried it might start dribling out over the next few days...yours been ok? :unsure:

I soaked my bracelet in 3-in-1 oil, really worked it into the bracelet and left overnight. Then cleaned it up with soap and a tootbrush, then it was silky smooth.

BTW - The PT SMP I got doesn't like its bracelet cleaning with anything abrasive (they might all be like this). I did it and took off the brushed finish! Looked pretty good but not like original. You can put it back but its a real bugger to do and takes a couple of hours. Learnt my lesson and won't be doing that again :D

I think all of the crowns are a bit wobbly so don't worry about it, with a bit of calibrating I've got mine down to +- 3 seconds a day so don't need to take out the crown that often :)

Yeh i thought of doing something similar but was worried it might start dribling out over the next few days...yours been ok? :unsure:

I soaked my bracelet in 3-in-1 oil, really worked it into the bracelet and left overnight. Then cleaned it up with soap and a tootbrush, then it was silky smooth.

BTW - The PT SMP I got doesn't like its bracelet cleaning with anything abrasive (they might all be like this). I did it and took off the brushed finish! Looked pretty good but not like original. You can put it back but its a real bugger to do and takes a couple of hours. Learnt my lesson and won't be doing that again :D

I think all of the crowns are a bit wobbly so don't worry about it, with a bit of calibrating I've got mine down to +- 3 seconds a day so don't need to take out the crown that often :)

Ah ha that sounds like a plan i'll give that a go!!!